Warning, Random Question Alert!!

picklebongo

Thanks for all the information. There is such a wealth of knowledge from posters here. I find this kinda information fascinating about the internal workings of the ships.

Does anybody else have random questions they are curious about?

I have a random question...

Last month while we were on another cruiseline's ship, the captain mentioned at the past guest party that while we were at one port (a tender port) they didn't drop anchor to stay in one location all day. Evidently, the satellite positioning systems (or something along that line) work so well that it keeps the ship basically in one spot without anchoring. That was quite fascinating to us. Finally to my question...do you know if any of the Carnival ships do something similar?

Picklebongo, it's a small world. My husband lived in Arcadia when we met. My dad was born in Hilly which is north of Gibsland. I went to camp and worked at the Girl Scout camp in Simsboro for 13 years. Oh and the Liberty we were told that most everything is burned. What little is not is left to be off loaded at the ships home port. Carnival absolutely does not dump anything at sea.

Another random question: Why is it on Carnival that if you order a specialty pizza one must take the whole thing? Sometimes I want only a slice or two and if they kept it up long enough, somebody else for sure would take the pieces even if it has an odd assortment of ingredients. It seems such a waste to me.

Archived