Sailport Resort? - Tampa

Don't know about this one but just got email about new hotel about to open in Tampa. Reniassance (sp) it's early here lol ...says adjacent to International Mall so should be close to Tampa Hilton-Westshore. Might be worth checking out.

We stayed at the Sailport 3 years ago. It's actually a collection of garden style condos, all with ocean views. Some are owner occupied and some are rented out.

It's not the Ritz, but the rooms are clean and very spacious. We had bunks for the kids, separate master bedroom, bathroom, kitchette and living room with small balcony overlooking Tampa Bay.

It was worth every penny!

Born2Crooz

That's great to hear. I booked the Sailport Resort for July 18 http://www.sailport.com/ . They are currently offering a Pre/Post Cruise Stay. The cost is $104. For that price, we'll get:

*Accommodations in 1 Bedroom Waterview Suite with Full Kitchen and Private Balcony. A suite will sleep up to 4. 2 bedroom suites are available.

*Transportation: Free shuttle to the Port of Tampa and pick up after cruise. They also offer a free shuttle to and from the airport if we were flying instead of driving.

*Covered parking for our vehicle.

*Complimentary coffee, bagels and sweet rolls served 6:30 - 8:30 AM each morning.

A lot of the Miracle 2/13/05 cruisers. that bjkeen referenced, are staying at the Sailport. One of our members pictures of it and made a video collage of it. It looks nice but a little dated but still nice. It's not far from Bahama Breezes too which will be great fo a pre-evening cruise get together. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to the port from there, depending on traffic.

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed at the Sailport Resort the evening before our cruise. I booked their Cruise Package. We were given a 1 bedroom suite on the 3rd floor. Our room was very clean and comfy. The sleeper sofa had a new mattress...which was good since I was sleeping on it. We used the shuttle service provided by the resort. We had driven nearly 1,000 miles so opted for a later shuttle to the port, so we could sleep in and not have to fight the crowd getting the shuttles or at the terminal. It worked out perfectly. We checked out of our room at 12:30, grabbed the 12:45 shuttle (we were the only ones on it at that particular time) and was dropped off, checked in and in our cabin on the ship by 1:20! Had no waiting at all. :) Before they dropped us off at the terminal, we were shown where to meet the shuttle when we returned from our cruise. The shuttle was waiting for us when we got off the ship.

The parking at the Resort was covered and a security guard patrolled the parking garage.

stayed there last week when I was visiting my sister. Not a bad place....They have a little store in the office with food, candy, drinks etc. Full kitchen with dishes, pots, pans, dishwasher, detergent, range, fridge etc. satellite TV which went out for about 30 minutes during a storm.

Not a bad place, dunno if i'd stay there again though.

Archived