Are there lockers to keep belongings in while snorkeling?

Well, you have to have your ship's card and your photo ID, and money if you plan to do any shopping. You can't get back on the ship w/o your card...and at most ports, a uniformed guard will ask to see your card as well as a photo ID before allowing you to head back to the ship.

There are little waterproof pouches you can purchase to hold these items, and you wear them around your neck while snorkeling.

I don't do excursions, but when I snorkel from a beach, there are usually rental lockers for my things. I have to take my camera with me, so wouldn't do with one of those pouches.

Most of the beaches we have been to do not have lockers. We only take our disposable cameras (water and regular) with us to the beaches; we don't want our good camera to have new owners! We also each take Water Wallets like the one sold here on CruiseCritic into which we put our ID and $$. I put mine around the strap of my swimsuit, and then tuck it down the front of my suit. My DH puts his in the velcro closing pocket of his swimsuit. This way we don't worry at all about watching our bags.

I hope this helps.

Here is a picture of the CC water wallet: safe.jpg

Also if you take an excursion from a boat you can leave most of you beach bag there. I always bring a water safe or pouch with me with my ID, cc, money in it. My good camera stays on board with the crew. I have never had a problem with it.

The water pack we use is like a very small pack with belt. We used it

in the water with no problems and even loaned it to friends who cruised in Mexico. You will have no fun on your trip if you are always worried about losing your stuff. Check out the site and read about the items. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Most of the beaches we have been to do not have lockers. We only take our disposable cameras (water and regular) with us to the beaches; we don't want our good camera to have new owners! We also each take Water Wallets like the one sold here on CruiseCritic into which we put our ID and $$. I put mine around the strap of my swimsuit, and then tuck it down the front of my suit. My DH puts his in the velcro closing pocket of his swimsuit. This way we don't worry at all about watching our bags.

I hope this helps.

Here is a picture of the CC water wallet: safe.jpg

What is the approximate dimensions of this wallet? It doesn't say on the web page.

Archived