Honolulu Hotel

AndyPanda

Plan to spend 2 nites post cruise in Honolulu August'07.

"First Class" is not necessary.(Would rather not spend an arm & leg)..just want a nice clean place to stay.

Like to be near the beach and shopping. Guess we can taxi to anywhere else.

Any good ideas?

Thanks, Andy

This is just a suggestion. Go to "biddingfortravel" and check what hotel winning bids have been going through on Priceline. I think you can get a really nice 4 star hotel in Honululu North (Next to the Hilton Village) at "reasonable" rate. I your case I wouldn't bid anything over $140 a night. You might be suprised what you might get. Tim

We stayed at the Aqua Palms Resort and spa which is right next to the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It is rated like #7 on Tripadvisor.com and we had a great room with lanai and super view of Diamond Head and Waikiki beach from our 9th floor end room for under $150. (total -including all taxes) a night. We got the Expedia price online, but then called the hotel direct to see if they could beat it. We paid a bit less by calling direct and also got a promise for a room with a view and free continental breakfasts! What a great place! Spotlessly clean and newly decorated with a small refrigerator and microwave plus a safe in the room. We were very pleased with the Aqua Palms!

The Hale Koa is #1 on Tripadvisor.com. But you have to be active or retired military in order to stay there. It is indeed wonderful that those who serve, or have honorably served, our nation have such a truly beautiful resort available to them for such an excellent price. They defininitely DESERVE it!!

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at the Alana Doubletree on Ala Moana Blvd. I paid right about $100/night & it's walking distance to Waikiki Beach and (more importantly) Coldstone Creamery. In the other direction is Hilton Hawaiian Village, Outback Steakhouse, Red Lobster & further down (still walking distance but a long walk) is the Ala moana Shopping Center

Treven,

How did you get such a rate at the Alana Doubletree? For next Feb showing cheapest room at $209. Thanks

I just walked in the front door & asked for a room. I had stayed at one of the cheapie hotels the night before and was dissapointed enough that I wasn't going to spend a week there. As the Doubletree was right across the Army Museum park I just went in and got a room right away; I believe it was on the 7th floor & it faced the HHV, a block away.

Archived