Newbie ?? about drink of day

I just wanted to make sure I have this straight before I go on my cruise. From the posts that I have seen you can buy the drink of the day in a souvenier glass and the refills in that glass are cheaper after the first drink....but if you buy your drinks in a regular glass then it is cheaper than the refills in the souvenier glass? Do I have this right? Also, What is your favorite Foo Foo drink while on a cruise?

sort of a semi expert at this one since my wife lives on the drink of the day every cruise...ya the 1st drink is around 6.95 with the special glass...the refill of the special glass is around 5.25 and the special of the day is 4.95 in a regular glass or cup...the special glass is a little larger then the regular glass...but your right there is not that much difference between the refill and the regular glass...and i can tell ya i have a whole house full of the novelty glasses...13 rccl cruises later...ENJOY...AND HAVE ONE ON ME...

Just got off the Rhapsody and the Cruise Compass advertised the drink of the day in a souvenir glass and without the souvenir glass ( Have never seen RCCL advertise this before in the compass). In the glass was $5.95 plus 15% gratuity which came to about $6.85 - without the souvenir glass - $4.25 plus 15% gratuity which came to$4.89. A pretty good savings! Never asked about a refill in a souvenir glass. If you just orderd a daquiri or long island tea price was $5.25 - A regular mixed drink - $5.00. (And if you give your pool waiter an little extra tip he will bring you some very very tall very very strong long island ice teas!!! I lasted through two of those) Favorite "drink of the day" Miami Vice!

Archived