Can't doc dance yet but...

MrsWaldo

The 60 days ticked over so i've booked two spa appointments....:D

Shore excursions are not online next.....

Started to replenish the wardrobe this morning......and bought my son his first suit...hope it still fits in September!

The 60 days ticked over so i've booked two spa appointments....:D

Shore excursions are not online next.....

I am two days away from being able to do the same. I am really looking forward to what excursions they have planned for my cruise. The 60 day mark just happens to be my wife's birthday.

My wife and I will also be on the September 6 Whisper Baltic cruise. Don't worry about docs. As long as you filled out your guest information form, your docs will arrive in due time.

The shore excursion list shows an option for a Silversea-arranged private van for touring St. Petersburg on 9/9 or 9/10. This allows you to pick your own sites while avoiding the need for a visa. Anyone interested in sharing?

Well Seasoned-feel free to email me directly. We are booking private Red October Tour with our agent before we go. Perhaps you would be interested in sharing with us. I think my husband and I want to do full day tours both days and the other couple traveling with us might want to take it easy and do shorter tours. My email address is : jbschwarz@comcast.net

thanks, Julie in Denver

Just so that you won't be disappointed. Although I was so good about setting up spa appts on line at the first opportunity, when we boarded - and we boarded later (4:30) to take advantage of touring the city - the computer fouled up and most appts were lost. My appt was nowhere but my husband's was there. THere must have been a mad rush at 3:00 because there was NOTHING available by the time we got on board. It was no big deal for me but it would have been nice. He ended up canceling his anyway. (I heard that the treatments were just fair anyway>)

I had the same problem also ! I had reserved them online and when we arrived on board at 3 pm for a 6 pm sailing my appointments were also messed up with times and cutting masssages short. None of them were what I had reserved !!!!

I'm not too fussed if the appts don't happen (taking my manicurist with me....ie my 11yo daughter) who also gives a very good massage.

I'm hoping to find a Spa in one of the cities we are in before hand for some pre cruise pampering.

Thanks anyway for the warnings...we plan to board around 3pm (not early) as we only have 2 days in stockholm.

We are planning to book spa appts online ahead of time as well. I was a little concerned reading that there had been people who experirenced computer glitches causing the appts to be cancelled or altered.

With early embarkation (noon), can anyone chime in and let me know if the spa is open to confirm appts? :cool:

When you chose your treatment (it says online confirmation beside it if this is available) and your time it goes to the My Activities section.

My activities then lists Spa Appt, treatment, date, time and cost in one section. It gives a total spa cost.

Tours, date and cost in another with a total at the bottom.

Then finally it lists a total for your activity spending

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget to printout everything you pre-cruise reserve for~ even if things get fouled up, youwill know that you did your best. YOu might even confirm via phone to Ft Lauderdale office. I'm not sure that they have any control over these things since the spa is un by an outside company. Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Booked 2 excursions...looking forward to seeing the tower of London by night.

Have you been to London before? If you're not familiar, do try and take your daughter to Covent Garden in Central London - they have street artists and cute shops/stalls there in a pedestrianised setting.

I'm not a child, but it's one of my favourite places to people watch and to roam the various market stalls (I live near London).

• 1 month later...

We''ve just gotten home...

this was probably our 6th or 7th London trip (lost count)

We stayed at the swissotel Howard (right near Covent garden) so had a little wander around. The hightlight was possibly a spur of the moment visit to the Globe to see In Extremis (very enjoyable if a little baudier than i had expected).

On the topic of Spa appointments...

My appointments were respectively 15mins earlier and 15 mins later than i requested. the massage was divinr (I think it was $110?) and went for an hour. the manicure was $44, lasted 45mins and worked wonders on a set of badly neglected nails.

I had the dates and info written in a travel doc diary 7 weeks makes for lots of paper and we went thru heathrow on "THE" chaos weekend.

When i arrived onboard there was a little message in the suite saying times i had booked were not available an apologyand the alternatives (which as i said earlier) were only 15 mins out. On the evening before my appointments and again on the morning a reminder slip was put into the mail clip outside the door.

Archived