Crystal Memories????

I am going on my first RCCL cruise is Sept on the Explorer and a previous cruiser sent us the compasses which I have been thoroughly reading.

Something that caught my eye was called Crystal Memories, which says have your image laser engraved on a piece of crystal ...beautiful keepsake.

I am always on the lookout for gifts for my mom and she really likes things like this and is extremely hard to buy for. I have not seen anything like this on any of the other cruiselines I have been on. I would love to bring a picture of my kids to have done.

Does anyone know exactly what this is? Does it have to be from real life or can you use a photo? how expensive? Any info would be appreciated.

Sue

It was on the Freedom. It is laser inscribed picture inside of a crystal cube. They take the pictures there transmit it to the laser. I am not sure if can be done with a picture you provide, but I doubt it, it may have to be a certain format and size. I do not recall the price, but I think it was around $70, but I could be wrong. I do know it was not inexpensive.

They also had them on the Navigator (probably on all ships now) in a couple different sizes. Don't remember for sure, but I think it was from about $70 up to $120 or so. As abridalmaven said, not cheap at all.

And, can't answer if they can do it from a picture or not.

From the Explorer in May, they had this and there were two types. The 3-D image were done with a camera that took mutiple photos. They looked really cool, ut the smallest cube was $90.

The also did laser ecthing of photos in crystal. Not the same effect as 3-D, but still cool, although I've seen very similiar products less expensive at the local shopping mall.

Archived