Im back from the Legend!

cruisn4evr

I just got back from the June 24th sailing on the Legend. We had a great time. I had some minor complaints but over all I had a great time. The food, nightly entertainment, and the cabin were excellent. I have two teens 13 and 16 and they had a blast! I think this was their favorite cruise! Great Disco for them everynite until 11:00. (Then hanging out til 1pm!) My parents (60 something) were not too thrilled with the Legend. They love Celebrity. But were happy just to be with their family. We all loved Godfrey's tour however. It cant be beat! In Tortola we went to Cane Garden Bay, absolutely beautiful! Great facilities too. (12.00 pp round trip taxi ride) Get their frozen Bushwackers ~ great! San Juan was terrible! We just went to Senor Frogs and walked around. It poured all nite there. Any questions just ask!

Cruisn4evr,

How was the embarkation in NYC? We are leaving on 07/18 and plan to drive down from CT and park at the pier. How about the seas going down? I've heard they can be a little rough! What cabin were you guys in? In Tortola, were there taxis readily available at the beach to take you back to the ship? I was thinking maybe we'd do the Carnival Baths excursion just so we'd not be late getting back to the boat but what you did sounds good too!

My kids are 16 and 14 so I'm hoping they'll have a blast too! How could they not??

Thanks in advance for your answers!!

Hi embarktion was ok. We got there at about 1130 and people were still getting off the ship. They wouldnt let us go through til 12:30. Once we got in everything went quickly and smoothly. We were on the ship having lunch on the lido deck by 1. The seas were not rough at all. Very little rocking. My daughter who has gotton sea sick on our last 2 cruises, took a half a bonime every day(starting 2 nights before we left) and was fine for the whole cruise. Our cabin was #7269 and was fabulous! Laundry room was right across from 7267! Tortola taxis were waiting and willing! They do the ride eeryday and are well aware of getting back in time for the ship! Make sure kids go to the teen meeting first night! They will have a blast. My daughter is still crying over missed friends! Have a great cruise!

So happy to talk to someone just off the legend, we sail the legend on our first crusie 9/4. So, how was the food because the reviews seem 50/50. Did you bring any water/soda aboard and if so was there a problem? How were the shows? Was it a problem getting lounge chairs like I have read on other posts? How much does a can of saod cost, and do you if you get the fountain card for an adult, if they too get the small glass of soda?

Sorry for the tons of questions, I just have so many! Thanks.

Cappy,

We are with you on the 18th. It will be with you before you know it. We are a group of 16 and hired Godfrey for the day. I hear he is very good. Some of us have done this route before and enjoyed it. I have soft sided cooler to bring aboard and am going to stuff my suitcase with a few beers and bottle for my room. Hopefully i have no problem getting them on./ i just rec my docs today and was glad to see them. You ever cruise Carnival before? my 5th and really enjoy them

We Are A Group Of 26 People,It's My Aunt's 50th Wedding Anniversary.We Also Rented Godfrey For The Whole Day.Also We Rented A Catamaran In Tortola. 15 Days To Go......WooooooooHooooooo

We just got back from the 6/24 sailing too. We did Godfrey's tour in St. Thomas. We were a party of 12 so he gave us our own van and driver, Tony. We went sightseeing, then to Sapphire Beach, then shopping. Excellent. On Tortola we went on the ship's tour of The Baths in Virgin Gorda. I thought the food was excellent. Nothing but minor complaints like the photo gallery lost my sil's film.

Barb

I thought the food was good to excellent! Desserts were hit or miss. Loved the grand Manier souffle and the flourless chocolate cake and the key lime pie is FABULOUS! Any beef dish is excellent along with most seafood. Veal parm and veal marsala, and pasta not my favs. (I guess its b/c Im a NY italian, LOL!) I thought buffet was great too. A bit crowded at times and confusing but you get used to it. Salad bar and fruit never crowded and EXCELLENT! My SIL smuggled a case of diet coke with no problem. I dont do the booze smuggle thing~ too much of a hassle~ I like to order my cocktails. I would do it with beer for my hubby though. Didnt this time. Dont miss any shows. They were better than the other lines Ive been on(Celebrity and NCL) The pool areas didnt seem too bad to me. We always got tables didnt try for lounge chairs. The slide thing was a waste according to my kids. Too slow and unadventuous. Soda cost 1.50 and are the large plastic bottles, not cans. Cans are used for the soda cards. They fill a large glass(dining room, pools) or small glass(bars show lounge) with it. It was worth it for my teens. We did not do the supper club. We were aparty of 10 so it would have been a big expense for some of us. Dining room was fine. On Godfrey's tour we did Sapphire beach. Very nice. Food is very expensive. $6 hot dogs and $8 HB's! I thought Cane Garden Bay in Tortola was gorgeous! We did shopping in St Thomas. Love! Love! My husband bought me a 3 carat tennis bracelet for $750 for our 18th wedding Anniversary. Godfrey reccomended Crown(?) Jewelers. We went to diamond International which the ship reccomended and they wanted $220 more for they same bracelet! Retail is well over 2 grand. Oh! Our major complaint with this sailing was that we had no band on the Lido deck coming home. The first band went on vacation and the new band that was suppose to come on in Puerto Rico couldnt get through customs. They piped in elevator music on deck until my husband compalined. (This is sail away party music?) They then got a DJ which was better until they started the whole hip hop gansta rap thing. Carnival should have had a back up or had one of the other bands from the clubs come and palay. They wouldnt do it. Didnt want to spend the extra bucks I guess. A shame.

Hi Cruise4ever. I was on Godfrey's tour as well. The best 20$ I ever spent. He was punctual, authoritative and I had a great time. We had to be on the same tour in St. Thomas. Were you on Godfrey's red bus or the yellow one?

Did you eat in the supper club? How was that? Also, what night would you recommend skipping the dining room to eat there? Thanks.

My husband and I ate in the supper club and it was great. It was well worth the 25$ pp for the outstanding meal. It was very romantic and you have the table to yourselves for the whole night so there is no rushing.

Hamptod,

Yes we probably were on the same tour! Thats so funny. We were on the yellow truck. We started out on the red but he moved us to the yellow so all 10 of us could be together. Which were you on?

Hamptod,

Yes we probably were on the same tour! Thats so funny. We were on the yellow truck. We started out on the red but he moved us to the yellow so all 10 of us could be together. Which were you on?

I was on the red truck and I saw him moving you guys to the yellow truck!! I wondered why he moved everyone!! I was the black woman with the very short haircut and sat in the second row of the red truck. Godfrey was sooo nice and and an excellent tour guide. I didn't stay at Sapphire Beach very long, only 15 minutes or so. He then took me back to the ship, right to the dock and then returned for you guys. We started out with him at 9 that morning and the first thing he did was take us to the main shopping area for the 2 hour shopping tour. He definitely lived up to his reputation and if I make it back to St. Thomas, I would do his tour again in a heartbeat. My DH and DS took the High Pockets day sail with Captain Kathleen and she absolutely raved about Godfrey and said that I had made a very good choice. I felt very safe with him since I was technically alone on the tour. Another family from the Legend, befriended me and we all hung out together for the duration. I made some really good friends that day.

I did not like San Juan at all! We got back to the ship just as the sky opened up. I actually spent the next two hours on the balcony of my cabin watching the poor souls trying to get back on board the ship and getting drenched in the process. We took a taxi to Cane Garden Bay and that was very nice.

WOW! Small world. I remember you. I remember because you were standing waiting for Godfrey to take you back. I was standing right next to you. I was the curlyhaired brunnette wearing a denim sleeveless dress. I was with my DH, and teenage son and daughter. My brother's family and my parents were also with us. Thank god for Godfrey! My parents were having just a so so time until we went on this tour. They loved it! Godfrey is a class act!

WOW! Small world. I remember you. I remember because you were standing waiting for Godfrey to take you back. I was standing right next to you. I was the curlyhaired brunnette wearing a denim sleeveless dress. I was with my DH, and teenage son and daughter. My brother's family and my parents were also with us. Thank god for Godfrey! My parents were having just a so so time until we went on this tour. They loved it! Godfrey is a class act!

Definitely a small world and I remember you as well!! This was our first cruise so after San Juan, I was a little skeptical but St. Thomas and Godfrey made up for it. I have a 15yr old son, Tristan and I wouldn't be surprised if your kids met him and at some point got to know him as well. He was way tooooo popular on the ship and we had a hard time keeping up with him. I liked the cruise but it would have been better if the teen programs were a little more organized with more events and activities for them. He and his friends spent a lot of time at the disco, karoke (sp?) and the card room. They also spent a lot of time walking from one end of the ship to the other.

Tortola was the best part of the ship. BTW, Congratulations on your diamond tennis bracelet!!

My kids Andrew, 15 1/2 and Rachel 13 went to the Disco and Kareoke everynite as well. My daughter sang "I will survive" and "Like a Prayer". I will ask Andrew about Tristin. He was hanging out with a group of about 6 kids. I agree about the activities and such, but it's been my experience that no matter what organized things are planned, the teens feel they are just too cool for it and really just love to "hang out" Oh well as long as THEY are happy......... I loved Tortola the best too! Cane Garden Bay was heaven. However, It was too short a day! This was our 3rd cruise. We've been on Celebrity Zenith to bermuda, and NCL Dawn last year. Each ship/line has its pros and cons. (I do LOVE Bermuda though.)

We are cruising the Legend on the 18th. We also booked the Godfrey tour for St. Thomas. We have a group of 7. Not sure what we are doing in San Juan, thinking about the rainforest tour, anybody take this tour. Heard alot about crime in San Juan so wasn't sure whether to book our own tour or use the ship. Probably will do our own tour in Tortola.

Time is getting short..........

I'm on the 7/26 sailing and am so excited after reading these reviews. Do I have to book Godfrey in advance? Can I do it after the ship gets to St. Thomas? Were there any classes on the ship like Pilates, Yoga or Tai Chi? My husband is really into Tai Chi these days and would love to take a class while at sea.

Ruby - you will LOVE Godfrey's tour. You wont regret it! San Juan is a real lose lose situation unless you book something through Carnival. You'll be fine on your own in Tortola if you're just doing a beach. (Cane Garden Bay is fabulous) Doing the baths on your own in Virgin Gorda might be risky due to the time situation.

Jett - I would book Godfrey in advance since you have nothing to lose. He doesn't ask for a deposit. This way you will be all set! The Legend had various classes in the spa. I dont remember if there was tai chi but I think I saw Pilates listed along with aerobics and possibly yoga.

Macdaddy ~ Good questions! We did attend the past guest party which was very similar to the captains cocktail party. It was from 5 - 545 pm last Tues (the day we left Tortola) We had early dinner seating so we went straight to dinner from the party.

Breakfast in the dining room seemed to be mass confusion. You have to get a table for the # of people you are at THAT MOMENT. ie: we were a party of 10. We wanted a table for 10. My SIL and neice were on their way down to the dining room. We figured we get the table and they would follow and meet us. (literally 5 min tops) They really had a problem with this. And they always sit you with others and have others sit with you. I wasnt crazy about how they handled breakfast. This is how it is whether its crowded or not. I liked the buffet for breakfast better.

Archived