Just lurking

DreemWeaver

Hi. Don't mind me, I am just lurking. I have cruised only twice, once on a Carnival ship (so long ago I forgot the name) and most recently on Royal. I plan to go again in the spring, and am trying to decide whether to go on Carnival or Royal. I hear that Carnival's food is great these days. Royal's food was not bad. I hear that Carnival has more fun. I admit Royal is kind of laid back, and for my age that's not a bad thing. I am 51 but I still love to have a good time. I remember the Carnival ship even if I can't quite remember the name. I remember it because of all the fun I had. I remember the Royal cruise for the beauty of the ship, and how delightful the dining experience was, even if the food itself was not always that great. Just the grandeur of the dining room, the beautiful formal wear the passengers wore on formal nights, etc., etc. I also liked the staff on Royal. They seemed to appear out of nowhere, waiting for my order.

Can some of you give me some helpful hints to help me decide which ship to cruise on next.

Thanks so much.

Su

Maybe this will refresh your memory

Carnival began operations with the ex-British liners Empress of Britain, Empress of Canada and Transvaal Castle, and went on to become the world's largest cruise line, owning Holland America, Cunard, Princess, P&O and Costa. They also bought a 25% interest in Airtours, although this share was subsequently sold.

from

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/CarnivalPCs.html

And it really depends on what kind of person you are...

What kind of things did you like better about Carnival or Royal?

What type of atmosphere, fellow cruisers, attitude are you looking for?

Do you have a laid back attitude, or are you more formal?

These will help.

CJW

PS Keep lurking and reading the boards for the different cruise lines here at Cruise Critic. Just by reading through the personalities and responses on these boards will tell you a lot about the types of people that cruise the different lines, and where you "fit".

Archived