Just back from Zenith 7/8-7/15

cruisinwitdagang

Bermuda was amazing and spending 3 nights and 4 days docked there was a great way to see the island. I would go back to Bermuda any time.

Embarkation: no problem

Food: good to Very good. Our waiters, Nur and Freddy, were excellent. I felt that the cold foods could be colder and the hot foods hotter (both at the buffet and at sit down dinners). In the Windsurf Cafe, several times they were out of coffee, ice, and lemonade. The coffee was awful. We bought capuccinos ($2.88 per) at the Cova Cafe every day.

Service: Good to Very good

Cabins: Poor. The bedding was awful. The pillows were not soft (we had only 2 pillows in our room-they quickly provided 2 more), the pillowcase was ripped, the blanket was incredibly ratty with a burn hole. The blanket should remain totally encased in the upper and lower sheets, but as soon as we got under the covers the blanket slipped out. The bedspread was quite worn as well. The mattress was not too good either (but not so bad that we asked for an eggcrate mattress). Granted, it's an old ship and so I didn't mind that the shower grout was darkened and old, but even the bedding in Howard Johnsons is better than on the Zenith.

The room attendants (santano and rosario) were fair-they tidied the room twice a day. It wasn't until the last morning that I noticed the piles of dust on the lamp and tissue box. On our previous Celebrity cruise, the room was tidied up almost every time we left the room.

I've previously sailed on the Century, which I found much nicer. I chose the Zenith because the alternative was the Royal Caribbean (Empress?) leaving from Philly, but that is also an older ship with cabins of only 123 sq ft (vs 172 on the Zenith). The NCL ship left on Sunday which we couldn't do. So, given the choices to Bermuda, I'm glad we took the Zenith. But I would not recommend it for any other cruise.

Archived