Driving into NYC and parking at dock?

Has anyone done this? Our hometown is in CT and we're about 2-1/2 hours away from Manhattan. My current plan is to have my husband drive me and the kids to the bus station, take the bus to Port Authority and take a taxi to the pier. Driving in instead is tempting, but I hate driving anywhere near NYC. Has anyone had experience with this? How much does it cost to park at the pier?

Thanks in advance!

Has anyone done this? Our hometown is in CT and we're about 2-1/2 hours away from Manhattan. My current plan is to have my husband drive me and the kids to the bus station, take the bus to Port Authority and take a taxi to the pier. Driving in instead is tempting, but I hate driving anywhere near NYC. Has anyone had experience with this? How much does it cost to park at the pier?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Rebecca,

were doing the same and must live close to each other lol. For the week it will be $180.00

Avon here. We're going to go the bus route for the 9-17-06 Legend cruise. Not sure if we should leave from Hartford or Farmington. Hartford has more departure times vs Farmington. Cab will be about $30.00 each way from home to Hartford station.

Hi Trey! We're getting there.:)

We're in Manchester, so we'll definitely be using Hartford. My husband is not coming, so he's my taxi driver both ways. The part that's a little nervewracking to me is getting a taxi from Port Authority to the pier, and then in reverse when we come back. Also just being really tired after doing all that traveling, but flying to Fort Lauderdale last time and taking the bus to the pier was probably worse!

We are driving to the pier in NYC since we live in Queens. It costs $24 per day. It's a little cheaper if you are parking for a whole week. The Carnival website has the phone number for the parking lot. No reservations are required and it is rooftop parking.

One suggestion...One of you should wait downstairs with the luggage while the other parks the car.

Oh yeah, the money for the lot is due at the beginning of the trip.

Guest YesitDonna

We took the bus from Boston both times we went out of New York. It was a great way to go and with the price of gas and parking it was sooooo much cheaper to take the bus and let someone else worry about the traffic! LOL We like to walk and have suitcases on rollers so we just walked to and from the bus to the pier and back. If the weather hadn't been nice we would have grabbed a taxi but I think it was only about a mile each way.

We're in Manchester, so we'll definitely be using Hartford. My husband is not coming, so he's my taxi driver both ways. The part that's a little nervewracking to me is getting a taxi from Port Authority to the pier, and then in reverse when we come back. Also just being really tired after doing all that traveling, but flying to Fort Lauderdale last time and taking the bus to the pier was probably worse!

Don't worry about the taxi's from port authority or the ones at the pier there are always thousands.

Archived