Qvc Chartered Msc Opera 1/7/07 To 1/14/07

Pennacruiser

Surfgirl, I was at the QVC 10th Anniversary Morning Show event also. Met some nice people. Two of them are coming on this cruise with me. I just came off the Quacker cruise in October and had a great time. QVC does put together a nice event and I am sure this will be no different. I have been to all the same ports except the DR but I am going on the cruise for the anniversary, not the ports. It should be alot of fun. This will be my 8th cruise. I booked an inside cabin because I cannot look at the motion of the ocean (if any). The last two cruises I was on (QM2 and Caribbean Princess), the cabins weren't small - I had a Kind and Queen bed and even though I am traveling solo, two people could have been comfortable.

Hope to see you on this cruise. Jeanette

That's why we were considering the cruise. We were going for the QVC events, and not really the cruise. We really had a wonderful time at the Morning Show Anniversary in Atlantis! I'm sure they're going to do a wonderful job on this cruise as well. But now, we're leaning against going for a few reasons.

- we waited too long and can't get a balcony. Since there are a few days at sea. we really wanted one as the rooms are just teeny tiny. Our fault for waiting. All the suites are gone too.

- we never got the menu the cruise company promised to mail us. My mother has celiac sprue and has to be really careful with what she eats. That made a bad impression on us that they don't follow through

- we really aren't thrilled with the ports of call. I got violently sick in the DR, and vowed never to go back again... but it's a private island, so I guess that doesn't count :)

- and we're a bit wary of flying in January due to the weather. What if there's a big snowstorm in NY? I hate to fly anyway.. but do it because it's a necessary evil. If the ship were going out of NY or Philadelphia, we'd be there for sure!

I'm still just not sure what to do. Who knows, the outside cabins may be sold out by this time anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

We decided not to go. Why? We never got the promised menu that they were supposed to mail. My mom was afraid she wouldn't be able to find enough gluten free choices, and without the sample menus they had offered to send, we had no way of knowing. We also took this as a sign of poor customer service by the cruiseline to come. So that 39 cent stamp cost the MSC about 3 grand in lost cruise fares!

I hope you guys all have a wonderful trip. Sorry we won't be joining you.

Hi anyone have any idea,how many pax's you'll will have? It seems there still some cabins left, local TA running a special for $443.25 pp total cost for a Category 1, and if a single only $100.00 supplement. Wow,wow.

I have heard that there are still some oceanview cabins on the traviata deck and quite a few inside cabins, (over 70). I did not see a Cat 1 listed on the pricing sheet I have from QVC. I hope the people who booked early and were charged more get a refund on the difference, that quite a difference.

James

Hi anyone have any idea,how many pax's you'll will have? It seems there still some cabins left, local TA running a special for $443.25 pp total cost for a Category 1, and if a single only $100.00 supplement. Wow,wow.

Is it for the January 7th sailing?

Jan. 7 2007 yes! They also stated a group (QVC) will be main pax's.

I'm lost here, first off, what are pax's????? :confused:

Secondly, I thought you had to go thru QVC to go on this cruise or at least the number that QVC provided. So if anyone went to their TA they can book this cruise cheaper then what we have all booked this cruise for? I thought we all got the same rate for this cruise. :confused:

Barb

event.png

I'm lost here, first off, what are pax's????? :confused:

Secondly, I thought you had to go thru QVC to go on this cruise or at least the number that QVC provided. So if anyone went to their TA they can book this cruise cheaper then what we have all booked this cruise for? I thought we all got the same rate for this cruise. :confused:

Barb

pax's are passengers. Since it is so close to the cruise date and with all the cabins still available the travel agency that is handling booking for QVC has decided to put the empty cabins on the market through travel agencies. There are probably some good rates out there.

James

When we were in Atlantis with QVC for the Morning Show anniversary special, we were given ID cards to wear around out neck. Those got us in to the QVC cocktail parties and other events. Other people staying at the hotel couldn't participate.

I have a feeling that the people who are paying the discounted fares will not be able to participate in anything QVC related on the ship either. Yes, I don't blame you for being upset that some people are paying a lot less than you.. but you'll get to go to a lot of things they won't be allowed to do.

I'm going to check into this myself. As you know, I was wavering about whether or not to go because I've been to all of the ports before, and also because there were no balcony cabins left (my fault for waiting so long to book). Then I decided not to go.

But if there is a really good deal to be had, I may go. I'll let you know what I find out.. and if anyone else finds out anything.. please post it here.

Yeah I know, I know.. I never know what I'm going to do until I do it! That's the Libra in me! :D

Spoke to the person who so many of us have gone to with questions - this is directly from him.

Checking with MSC that this special rate is for TRAVEL AGENTS AND AIRLINE EMPLOYEES ONLY!!! This is an “Interline Rate”. No one should be promoting this rate to the general public.

Spoke to the person who so many of us have gone to with questions - this is directly from him.

Checking with MSC that this special rate is for TRAVEL AGENTS AND AIRLINE EMPLOYEES ONLY!!! This is an “Interline Rate”. No one should be promoting this rate to the general public.

Thanks for the clarification. I just called the QVC number, and the travel agency that is handling this trip said that the entire ship has been chartered by QVC and nothing has been discounted. But there are still about a hundred or so empty cabins-- mostly inside.

Oh well...

Thanks for the clarification. I just called the QVC number, and the travel agency that is handling this trip said that the entire ship has been chartered by QVC and nothing has been discounted. But there are still about a hundred or so empty cabins-- mostly inside.

Oh well...

This morning I called ecruises.com to see if they had any oceanvies cabins for the Opera on Jan.7th. The lady came back to the phone and said that there were only inside cabins left. I did not get a price but the rooms are being sold by ecruises. I just wanted to make sure I was getting a good price on my cabin category.

James

This morning I called ecruises.com to see if they had any oceanvies cabins for the Opera on Jan.7th. The lady came back to the phone and said that there were only inside cabins left. I did not get a price but the rooms are being sold by ecruises. I just wanted to make sure I was getting a good price on my cabin category.

James

I called ecruises back this morning the travel agent confirmed that the pricing in for interline employees and military only.

James

Hi Everyone, Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Jeri, It was so much fun meeting you last weekend, looking so forward to the next time...TIME is getting short my friends, HEEEEE HAWWWWWW!!!!!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
OK my friends - our travel documents should be mailed out on December 8th - so excited!!!

That sounds great to me. Has anyone read or heard anything on the shore excursions. I have read through them but wonder if anyone has "been there done that" or has hear say.

Thanks

James

That sounds great to me. Has anyone read or heard anything on the shore excursions. I have read through them but wonder if anyone has "been there done that" or has hear say.

Thanks

James

This is my first time out of the continental US. "H" says there could be special QVC excusions in addition to the ones listed on the MSC website. Hoping that we have the info in around a week. If I read over the info I have so far it will disenegrate! Finally found a review that is pretty recent - am bringing a insulated cup - theirs are less than 6 oz.:rolleyes:

Hi everyone! I am just about ready to burst with anticipation!One month to go! By the way, I was watching the Morning Show and the Travelon lady announced that she was coming on the cruise! That is fantastic. Hope you are all enjoying your December. Peace and Love for the holidays!

I saw her too! Perhaps Travelon will be one of the TSV's? Well, they sent out the travel documents today. Wonder who is delivering them - UPS or USPS.

Archived