Kids the week before Christmas

I was curious when others with children had winter vacation this year. We are traveling the week before Christmas 12/17/06 on FOS and my kids are hoping others will be on break then too. Luckily for us we can go that week because prices go up about $1000 per person the following week.

Thanks all in keeping us informed.

I know what you mean we are going on Voyager 12/16 and I am letting my daughter take a extra long winter vacation:) We also saved alot doing it the week before, I could not beleave the prices for the week of Christmas:eek:. I sure hope we will have plenty of kids this week.

Voyager Western Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT"

Voyager Eastern Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

We're doing the same thing. (12/16/06 Voyager) I am a secretary at an elementary school and I will be taking off the four days before our Christmas break starts so we can go and not pay the following weeks price. My youngest will be a senior but I figured what the heck, she's a great student so it shouldn't be a problem. My oldest is in college but their break starts alot sooner. We really want to go but if I had to pay the next weeks prices we wouldn't be able to do it. I guess we probably could but I wouldn't be able to buy any Christmas presents!

I'm sailing with Calicruisefamily and Toby34 on the Voyager on December 16th. Unfortunately, my kids have school up to and including December 22nd, so we are taking them out for a week. Last year we went the week before (December 10th I think) and had to drag homework with us for my DS10. This year our vacation will run right into their Christmas break, so there will be no fighting him to do math while we're in the middle of the ocean -- although he will have to do it over his Christmas break. This will be much less stressful.

Last year (week of December 10th) there were not many kids at all, but many crew members told us that the following week (the week we're all going this year) was going to be filled with kids.

We will be sailing Splendour Dec 18-23. Normally our school district has the week before and the week of Christmas off. My kids will be missing three days this year because they changed up the calendar to school holidays from Dec. 21 to Jan 3. I booked the cruise before they had the calendar out and didn't want to change because the price of the cruise was so good.

We too are taking the kids out for a week, leaving on Explorer 12/17. I figure when we get back they can do their homework then as break will be for two weeks. We normally take them out to cruise at some point during the school year, but this will be the first that the homework will be able to wait until we come back.

I'm sailing with Calicruisefamily and Toby34 on the Voyager on December 16th. Unfortunately, my kids have school up to and including December 22nd, so we are taking them out for a week. Last year we went the week before (December 10th I think) and had to drag homework with us for my DS10. This year our vacation will run right into their Christmas break, so there will be no fighting him to do math while we're in the middle of the ocean -- although he will have to do it over his Christmas break. This will be much less stressful.

Last year (week of December 10th) there were not many kids at all, but many crew members told us that the following week (the week we're all going this year) was going to be filled with kids.

Hi Kelly,

I know what you mean regarding the homework. My daughter's teacher made her write a page a day on each day of the cruise. It was fun on some days but others we just wanted to go have a good time. I sure hope we have the same as you since we do not go back to school until "2007":D

Kimberly

Archived