Timing of Inbound Flight

Cruise leaves Civitavecchia at 7.

Is a 12:30 arrival time leaving enough *cushion* to ensure we get to the ship on time (I'm figuring even with a 3 hour delay we will still be on time), or would you try to be on the flight that gets in at 9:30.

My personal opinion is to take the earlier flight, especially on international flights. Delays are common and customs on both ends could be lengthy. Don't forget, you then have a 60-90 min. drive to the pier. I always err on the side of caution.

Missyal

I'd take the earlier flight, you never know what can happen. Our flight arrived at 9:00am and we took the Rome at A Glance Tour as our shuttle. We arrived at our ship at about 2:30 and felt like we were on vacation as we'd already been sightseeing.

I'd take the earlier flight, you never know what can happen. Our flight arrived at 9:00am and we took the Rome at A Glance Tour as our shuttle. We arrived at our ship at about 2:30 and felt like we were on vacation as we'd already been sightseeing.

Fellow San Dieagans.........this post is to let you know how much I enjoyed your Liberty in the Med Photo Link.....you have many beautiful photos that are professional quality.....some of the best I have seen posted. Thanks for sharing them..:)

Fellow San Dieagans.........this post is to let you know how much I enjoyed your Liberty in the Med Photo Link.....you have many beautiful photos that are professional quality.....some of the best I have seen posted. Thanks for sharing them..:)

Thank you!

we have had bad experience trying to arrive the same day a ship is leaving and the pressure makes sure we are tense at the start. even on west coast to ft. lauderdale we go the day before, have a nice dinner, a good nites sleep, get late check out, go shopping for booze and wine, and then get to the ship at 4 or so.

with international travel, baggage, customs, unfamiliar with transit, language barriers, etc. i would really recommend going a day early.

I agree with most other posters. The day before is a better plan, but taking the flight that gets you in 9:30 buys you another level of "safety net" in case something misfires along the way. Those 3 additional hours gives you time for more options.

The 12:30 plan works, only if it does.

i hope this question is ok to ask, but how does everyone get the "drinks" they shop for ahead onto the ship? do we putit deep in our big suitcase? on our last cruise, we could openly board with "drinks" but that was the tahitian princess and everyone knows theyallow it--

it really saved us a lot of $$$--

so how is it done on other ships?

thanks, and again, i hope this is an ok question-

tahitisweetie

Luvs2run2000,

We are flying from San Diego to Rome on 9/26 for the 9/28 Cruise and it looks like we will be fly8ing Delta like you did. A couple of questions. How is the seats? Did you get to choose them in advance? What is leg room like? How was the service? Do you get fed on the International leg or do you have to bring your own food???

Thanks

Naners

Archived