Coral Breeze - Shark Ray Snorkeling and Caye Caulker

TwinMom7

Couponluvr,

Not sure the actual size of the boat that they use, but if you go to their website, there is a picture of it.

We were quite comfortable and the ride was very smooth. At least the day that we went. We really weren't out in the open ocean per se. More between the barrier islands and the mainland. I was too busy enjoying the scenery and the glorious weather to really notice any type of rocking.

If you are concerned about seasickness, wear a patch or take bonine. I would hope that you don't let that stop you from taking this wonderful tour.

Enjoy,

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to all who post your great experiences with Coral Breeze. We have them booked for November 29th, and can not wait!!

Melanie, the sites shows that you have 30 minutes to eat lunch, and an additional 60 minutes to tour caye caulker....that is what we are going on. However, I would also like to hear what was served for lunch, as their website does not tell you. :)

Thanks!!!

With Coral Breeze, you can pre-order the lunch when you check in with them in the morning. If memory serves, there were four items to choose from. Two being more Belizian. The others were grilled cheese and grilled chicken. All were excellent. The lunch was $5.00 extra in the tour prices and included one drink. If you wanted more, there were $1.00 each. Also, the Belikan beer is great too. Don't remember the price on that one, but fairly cheap.

When you get back to Caulker Caye from snorkeling, lunch is waiting for you. I highly recommend you do this as everything in Belize is SLOW and unless you want to spend time waiting for food, order ahead of time. It's not McDonalds.

We had about 90 minutes on Caulker Caye after the snorkeling. So, we ate lunch and then rented Golf Carts to tool around for an hour. ($10/cart per hour) What a blast!

The Lazy Lizard Bar and Grill is over by the Split. That is probably what Snoozeman was referring to. Looked like a neat place also.

Hope you have as great a time as we did!

Enjoy!

We just booked with Coral Breeze for cave tubing in October. much cheaper than the ships excursion.. has anybody used Coral Breeze for the cave tubing.. thanks

We used them for cave tubing last November (2005) and had a terrific time. Here is a link to the full review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=258233&highlight=cave+tubing

We also used them in 2003 for the shark ray alley tour and had a fabulous time then as well. We are planning to return to Belize next November and want to do the ray snorkel again as we loved it so much the first time. HTH

Thank you to all who post your great experiences with Coral Breeze. We have them booked for November 29th, and can not wait!!

----- snip --------

Thanks!!!

Can someone post the e-mail contact. I have tried for three weeks to book a tour and use their contact page and never get a reply. It must be my browser problem.

Thanks

Thanks Z

Looks like the little place I booked from last year with new name. The boat did say "wet n wild" but the tour operator was something else.

I think at least some of the tour companies play musical names with the company names and boats every now and then whether they need to or not. Slap some paint on and voila.

I was trying to figure out if they are the same, but guess not. Wet N Wild must be a replacement boat for Rock Beauty...

Vnwu0HWhNlefTSEyGi+MJYtOeU5+zPDN0300.jpg

RYtKDSUPbq6oHKgFriWxYDtI7YMy-uH60300.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Caye Caulker sounds wonderful and since we don't really want to snorkle, I was thinking of doing Coral Breeze's Beach Break. But I am not clear on what sort of beaches Caye Caulker has. I love the sound of the atmosphere and the adorable restaurants, etc., but will there be a satisfying beach? thanks for any input. Also, if I just want beach, am I better off taking a ship excursion beach break to one of the other more isolated cayes? Thank you.

Archived