Stingrays--Buccaneer vs. Hannibel (catamarans)

PaddleAddict

Has anyone taken both of these tours?

The Buccaneer is 3 hours long with three stops (Stingray City Sandbar, Coral Gardens and the Cayman Barrier Reef).

The Hannibel is 2.5 hours long with two stops (Stingray City Sandbar and Coral Gardens).

I am just wondering which one to take. Is the Cayman Barrier Reef very nice?

Thanks!

We just returned from the Valor (7/9) and booked with Captain Bryan on the Hannibel. The sting rays were awesome, the snorkeling at the Coral Gardens was great and the boat was very relaxing and fun. Can't help you with the Buccaneer, but we loved our trip on the Hannibel!

We just returned from the Valor (7/9) and booked with Captain Bryan on the Hannibel. The sting rays were awesome, the snorkeling at the Coral Gardens was great and the boat was very relaxing and fun. Can't help you with the Buccaneer, but we loved our trip on the Hannibel!

Any pictures? We are going on the Hannibel next month.

Also, how much time did you have after the tour ended? Enough time to do some other snorkling at spots near the tenders?

Thanks

Ed

The pictures from Grand Cayman should be back today (we used waterproof cameras for that excursion). We got back to the dock around 1:00 and boarded the bus. The options were to either get dropped off at 7 mile beach (with the driver offering to pick us up again) or heading back to port. My son and I choose to go to the beach. It was wonderful. There was plenty of time to do more snorkeling or shopping before having to get back.

I have done the stingray excursion before and you wear a life vest and you are in water that is not very deep. If you aren't afraid of getting it, I think it would be quite safe.

I read somewhere on this board that people had a couple of non-swimmers on their catamaran (who didn't get in the water) and they still had a nice day out on the water from what I read.

We had some non-swimmers on our boat and they seemed to enjoy the trip. You can also just get out at the stingrays (where you can touch) and then stay on board for the reef stop. The boat, the sun, and the water are just gorgeous whether you're in the water or not.

Archived