any sensation cruisers out there

tennisnow

Just got off the Sensation on July 13 and the ship look GREAT!!!! I was also on the ship for the last sailing before she went went to NO for 6 mos for Katrina! The ship was clean... We were in cabins M252, M241 and M237 , we had no smells or anythings, the services were AWESOME, the food as always good. In our group we had 4 ladies and 7 teenagers and we all had a great time. If you have any certain ??s just ask and I will be glad to try to answer.

Tina

You will get WAY more information doing your own searches and pulling up what folks have already written, than you will expecting them to re-write all their thoughts...

You can type in "(ship name) review" and get all the details.

I was on Sensation June 11th for 4 days. A wonderful cruise, great food and service and the ship is beautiful. Would go again in a minute. The new white linen on all the beds is great!

Tennisnow, as far as the refub goes for the Sensation, I couldn't tell a whole lot of differences, I did notice the internet cafe had moved, the photo gallery is now located a level or so above the atrium and where the photo gallery was is now where pictures for the art auctions are located, it is really nice.... On the Lido deck the band now has a cover hard top on the stage which is really a nice change and gives more room for dancing..In the middle of the walking track is a new putt putt course that is free, just check out the balls and clubs, volleyball and basketball is on the rear of the ship. Everything was clean as always and again the Food was great! :D

Hi Tennisnow,

we did nor I have ever done any excusions from the ship, I have always went on my own, I like to save money :p , this pass trip we had 7 teenages (age 12-17) so we just did the beach thing, In Freeport we grab a taxi into town and shop a little and walk across the street and hung out at the beach, no cost there, the taxi is a flat cost at $5 each person each way, In Nassua, we did the water taxi over to Paradise Island $3 one way each person, nice ride over :) , 30 minute walk to the beach, free access to beach and then taxi back to ship, $4 each person back, We ate at Senoir Frogs and shop before boarding ship....We had a Awesome time....

Next cruise to Nassua a me and my best Friend will do Frommers walking tour of Nassua (something alittle different for me) Enjoy your trip!!

Just got off the Sensation on July 13 and the ship look GREAT!!!! I was also on the ship for the last sailing before she went went to NO for 6 mos for Katrina!

Tina

Am i wrong? The Sensation was home-ported in New Orleans already before Katrina hit us....right? We went out on her in July, 2005, when we had to miss out on all the scheduled port stops due to another hurricane then.

Am i wrong? The Sensation was home-ported in New Orleans already before Katrina hit us....right? We went out on her in July, 2005, when we had to miss out on all the scheduled port stops due to another hurricane then.

You are right, she was sailing 4 & 5 days to the Western Caribbean from New Orleans pre-Katrina. If I remember correctly, immediately after the hurricane, the Sensation & Conquest were relocated. Then, the Sensation & Ecstacy? were brought to New Orleans to house workers. They're probably talking about the last cruise before it returned to New Orleans.

Go directly to ANDY on the LIDO Deck by the pool.....he is a great bartender and will treat you right!!

Tina

He definately is. We cruised 6/11 & had a great time. If you can't find Andy, another bartender who is just as good is Francesco. Even if we had a drink in our hand, Francesco would come by & just high 5 my hubby. You can't go wrong with these 2 guys. ;)

The ship was very clean & all of the staff were wonderful. We were in U205 & it appears that there was newer carpeting in the cabin. We ate in the dining room every night except the night we were in Nassau. I thought the food was excellent. There was not 1 thing that I could think of as being negative. It was just great!

Yup! I cruised on her the 2nd time from NOLA... we were on the first Sensation cruise out of NOLA when she moved from Tampa. Both times, I had a fabulous time, still my favorite ship!!!!!

You are right, she was sailing 4 & 5 days to the Western Caribbean from New Orleans pre-Katrina. If I remember correctly, immediately after the hurricane, the Sensation & Conquest were relocated. Then, the Sensation & Ecstacy? were brought to New Orleans to house workers. They're probably talking about the last cruise before it returned to New Orleans.

Oooooo....o.k.....didn't know that it had been repositioned.....of course, it would have been to avoid the wrath of Katrina.....duh here....sorry. Thanks for the info.

WiggleBay, Wee Jimmy is no longer the cruise director on the Sensation. His last cruise was the Sensation's 4-day Bahamas cruise 6/11 ~ 6/15, which DW and I were on. He is going to fill in on the Glory for a bit before heading to Long Beach to be the cruise director on the Pride. He was a hoot!!...:D

I thought the Sensation was in excellent shape, and very clean. The staff and crew were wonderful, and the food was always great. It was our first cruise, and I'm sure she will always be special to us. We enjoyed her so much, we have booked a 7-day Western Carribean on the Glory in April 07'.:)

Was wondering if The Sensation has tables for two in the dining rooms? I noticed that some of the ships do. When we were on the Fantasy a sister ship last year, it did not, but they were able to seat us to ourselves during dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We will be celebrating our 5th anniversary this year and just wondered about the possibility on the Sensation. Thanks for any information!

Archived