AOS and US Air pier check-in for baggage

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of how to use the pier check-in for US Air after the cruise in San Juan? I have read trip reports that mention it,but not how it was arranged. I called RCCL and was told to ask the purser's desk on board the ship,but they didn't sound too sure. I did not book my air through RCCL. Thanks in advance for any help.

After you've gone through immigration, picked up your bags, and gone through customs, the US Air counter will be just to the side after you go through Customs. You check in there like you would at the airport.

Could someone elaborate - is there more than one airline doing check-in at the pier in San Juan?

USAir AND American Airlines? or just one or just the other? At both cruise terminals in San Juan?

Thanks

Maddle

PS - although I see that the OP specifically refers to AOS, which will only be at one pier or the other.

American Airlines does check-in on board the ship. The service is called something like Luggage Valet. It costs $10 per person, requires that the flight be after a certain time (noon on our cruise) and before midnight, be all within the US, and be all on AA.

US Air has a check in desk at the pier.

another poster stated that she was able to check her bags at the US Air pier counter with no problem,but people in front of her were turned away.The only thing she could figure out was that she had purchased ground transfers and they had not.We are arriving two days early and don't need the transfers.Our flight home is at 1pm and I would much prefer getting a taxi asap rather than waiting for a bus to load,but if I could eliminate one check-in line at the airport that would be a great thing!It seems like there are no definite answers;some say just walk up and do it,some say you can't.

Hi tootsiebelle, I was the one that posted on the other thread. Maybe Wrona is right about the flight times, ours was 2:30 if that helps. I could not hear everything being said with those that were turned away, but like I said they had the boarding passes and luggage tags already printed out and waiting for those of us allowed to do pier check-in.

Since RCI seems to be unsure about this maybe calling US Air direct and talking to them would get some answers. Have you tried that?

Teacherkim,

Yes,I called US Air and they had no idea what I was talking about and referred me back to RCCL,who also was unsure.When we check in at PIT I'll ask,ask again when we get to SJU,and when we board the AOS I'll ask the purser's desk.Hopefully someone down the line will have the answer!Thanks again.

Archived