Luau on Pride of America

CarlandAndrea

I believe the luau "on the ship" is actually a ship-sponsered excursion that takes you to one of the regular (commercial) luaus (don't know which, sorry). As far as I know, there isn't an actual luau on the ship.

beachchick

The luau talked about for the Pride of America is definitely an NCLA sponsored shore excursion. When we went on the PoAm in June we had that option (check out the shore excusions offered on the NCL.com site to get all the specific details for your sailing). We had heard it was "OK" from others that sailed before us, but since we were renting a car on Maui for both of our days there anyway, we decided to book our own luau. After carefully researching we purchased tickets to the Royal Lahaina Luau in Kaanapali from this website http://www.hawaiidiscountactivities.com/reservationrequest/activitylistings.asp?catkey=28&subcat=False&vendorid=&actkey=&page_size=5&current_page=1&island=2

It was really fabulous and we paid less than $50. each for our tickets (the PoAm offered luau was about twice that amount per ticket). I have written several reviews, on this board as well as Tripadvisor.com. If you are interested in reading them do a search on either site. I can't imagine any luau expeience being any better than what we had at the Royal Lahaina Luau which is located right by the beach and features an amazing fire dance finale. The food, entertainment and potent free drinks were topnotch!! It was one of the highlights of our Hawaiian vacation!

Archived