Nov 1 Silver Cloud Alexandria - Port Said

Jack4cruisin

My wife and I have been considering this cruise for a while and wonder if anyone knows to what extent its itinerary is being changed in response to the current hostilities in the region. Of course, we realize Lebanese ports are out, but what about the rest of the region?

Also, we're anxious to hear from others who've visited Alexandria and Port Said on Silverseas. Any experiences and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Also, how do you rate the 3-day and 4-day pre- and post-cruise Egypt tours?

Jack4cruisin

Jack, we are on the cruise before, and the cruise after......On the cruise before, we will spend a bit of time in Rome, and the cruise after we will stay at the famous Al Jabar(sp) for a couple of nights , then on the way back will spend a night or two in London.... Have you ever been on Silversea before???

we've been on Regent, & Crystal as well, and find that Silversea is definitely superior to both. Regent is a close second, because of the open seating..but I think that you will find that Silversea has a special ambiance. Their suites are bigger, and once you've been on one cruise, the discounts add up very nicely. Will be pleased to answer any questions

Archived