Just back from 4 night Sovereign

Just did 4 night Sovereign, and it was the 4th time on the ship (last time was 6 years ago). As others have stated this ship has air cond. issues, sometimes it seemed ok othertimes it was warm. Our JS was under the pool/basketball courts. It was smaller than most JS rooms but it was better than having just a window. My husband had to go up to the courts at 4am to get rid of the basketball players. We booked this cruise last minute and didnt have much of a choice of rooms but will never book under that floor again. Food and service was good, no problems at all with that. Pool carpet could use a redo as could the pool as it is rusting. The rest of the ship was fine. Lots of small kids that were kept busy in the kids program. However the teens on the ship didnt have enough to do and by the 4th day were seen hanging out in the halls. One night the staff was out looking at 4am for a missing 16 year old girl, they did find her. We usually dont cruise when school is out for that reason however we needed to go to Florida for family reasons and decided to take the time and do a cruise since we were down there. I think we will stick to the May and October timeframes. Dress on formal night was nice, only a few men in tux, most women had cocktail dresses on. The rest of the evenings the dining room was casual, however to my surprise many were dressed very nicely (smart casual). So all in all is was a good cruise, but i sure do miss the Voyager and Radience class ships. I think this is the last time on this ship for us.

Thanks for the review. My DBF and I will be taking our first cruise ever on the Sov of the Seas on 8/28/06. I can't wait!:D

Glad to see that I was not the only one that had A/C issues. To me it was the worst on deck ten. The cabin was warm but the hallway was HOT. Also had the same problem with the noise from deck eleven. Ours was kids running back and forth but we were on the aft area of the ship too. I will still cruise on the SOS since it is only for three or four nights which I can handle but you do become spoiled by those newer and larger ships.:)

Glad to see that I was not the only one that had A/C issues. To me it was the worst on deck ten. The cabin was warm but the hallway was HOT. Also had the same problem with the noise from deck eleven. Ours was kids running back and forth but we were on the aft area of the ship too. I will still cruise on the SOS since it is only for three or four nights which I can handle but you do become spoiled by those newer and larger ships.:)

A/C issues!!! Ohhhhh boy! The first night..it was even very warm in the dining room. We did call maintenance--they said there was an a/c problem they were working on while in port at Port Canaveral, and that they had finished at 8 pm...and to give it an hour. Everyone-and i do mean everyone- commented on the warm temp of the ship that first night!

It got cooler, but never "cold." We stopped someone in the hall delivering luggage (?)..he assured us that we'd be needing the extra blankets in the closet. NEVER happened!! The last night was also warm--couldn't sleep with covers.

Other than that? No problems...and it wasn't so warm that we couldn't sleep..but then again, our first apartment (many moons ago) also didn't have a/c...and we survived that!

Yes our room was very warm, (deck 10) and it seemed later (2am or so) it got even warmer. The family at our dining table said their cabin (deck 4) was freezing. The dining room was very warm also. For a short cruise it's fine but by Friday we were ready to get off and that never happens to us.

Were you on the cruise last week? A friend of mine was on SOS last week. I have not heard from her yet, and was wondering how it was. It will be interesting to see if she had the same issues. I am going on this same cruise July 31st. How was the entertainment and food? Did you have the new bedding I have been hearing about.

I also forgot to mention the smell. We would walk the ship on different days in different areas and it smelled like sewage. If they could get the a/c fixed and the smell to go away it would be a great little ship. :cool:

Were you on the cruise last week? A friend of mine was on SOS last week. I have not heard from her yet, and was wondering how it was. It will be interesting to see if she had the same issues. I am going on this same cruise July 31st. How was the entertainment and food? Did you have the new bedding I have been hearing about.

Yes we were on it Monday thru Friday of last week. The shows were good and the food was as it always is on RCCL. We enjoyed it. Yes we had the new bedding but we found the new bed to be very hard. The pillows and such were nice. Nothing to write home about....

Archived