Highly recommend Yhonny.

Starz723

Hi Fellow Cruise Critics

I was on the Carnival Valor sailing of W. Carribean 7/-7/16/06. For my Belize port I reserved Yhonny, cave-tubing.com

The day we arrived and tendered into Belize, all the cave tubing tours were cancelled. We heard this from every tour operator as we walked to meet Yhonny. Upon meeting Yhonny he told us the same thing, that the river was too high due to 3 days of rains that they had. He saw that we were all dissapointed but stressed he would never allow us to be in danger. He did tell us we could go to the Blue Hole National Park which has a great dry cave and the magnificent rain forest. So we headed there.

We had such fun with Yhonny on the bus. He is hilarious. The bus ride was longer than going to cave tubing, but he is such a character that he amused us all the way there. We noticed that the low lying lands were flooded due to the heavy rains. Yhonny was a wealth of knowledge about Belize and the country side. He also gave out samples of the famous "cashew wine". We had alot of fun.

When arriving at the rain forest, we walked to St Hermans Cave. This rain forest is truly magnificent. There are no words to describe its beauty. There are so many birds singing that it sounds like a symphony. I saw alot of butterfiles and flowers as well. Upon arrival at St Hermans cave, we saw a waterfall and magnificent stalagtites & stalagmites upon entering it, but the cave was flooded and we could not go inside. A river was running very fast through it as well. Not much we could do about nature. I am just so greatful to have experienced a magnificent rain forest. Now I can see how a place like this produces so much oxygen for the earth and its truly a crime when it gets clear cut. Yhonny told us, fortunately, Belize is ecologically minded and does not clear cut but the neighboring countries ravage the rain forests. That is very sad indeed. Im blessed & fortunate to have experienced my short visit.

On the way back we stopped at an open air restaurant for a nice Belizian lunch of chicken w/rice & beans.. It only cost $5 and well spent.

I highly recommend Yhonny, simply because he will do whatever it takes to make you happy & safe. You will love his enthusiasm.

I may not have been able to go cave tubing, but I did experience the rain forest which was awesome and had great company on the bus with some fellow cruise critic members, not to mention Yhonny's outstanding personality.

Any questions, Id be happy to answer.

Archived