First Cruise help w Carnival Conquest

happy2bcruzin

I just finished booking our family's first cruise. We will be on the Conquest 12/17/06. I reserved a balcony guar. I am assuming that this means that I will be gauranteed a balcony cabin, but a specific cabin will be assigned later?? Did I make the right choice??? Should I have picked if I wanted an 8A or an 8E? My travel agent said this was the best choice. There will be 4 of us travelling, myself and my DH, my son, 10 and my daughter 7. I am just not sure if I should have booked this as I did or if I should have booked a specific cabin. Any opinions???

happy2bcruzin,

We booked an oceanview guarantee on Conquest when we sailed her and were not disappointed. It simply means that you are guaranteed a balcony cabin. Really you can't lose going this route because you get a cheaper price and still get a balcony. The downfall to it is you cannot pick where your room is going to located (ie. forward, aft, starboard or port side).

You also have no choice what deck they put you on. And usually you will get the lowest deck that cabin comes on. Which in your case is the Upper Deck 6. So if you want to pick your specific cabin or deck then guaranteed is not for you. Keep in mind also if you are going to pick cat. 8a you will pay $100 more per cabin and get no less than you would with a guaranteed cabin. We always go "guaranteed" when booking only one cabin!

Hope I have helped you out.

Melissa

P.S. LOVED the Conquest!

Thanks firebunny for the information. I'm cruising April 29th of 2007 and will book a ocenview guaranteed with the hopes of being upgraded to a balcony! I thought you could only get upgraded within the selected category like oceanviews upgrade only within oceanview category.

Archived