Pics of Carnival food..

bluekrush

Does anyone have pics of all the food they ate on carnival. I found two threads on this board for RCCL and Celebrity that have pics of all their food. I was wondeing if anyone had the same for carnival.

thx in advance.

I have all sorts of pics of cruise food from the Carnival Ecstasy - will be glad to email you my photo album.

Steph

We are leaving on the Ecstasy in a couple of weeks and would love to see the pictures of the food. Thanks

Jerry

jwest_jr@msn.com

We are leaving on the Ecstasy in a couple of weeks and would love to see the pictures of the food. Thanks

Jerry, I will send you a link to my Ecstasy cruise photo album, there are over 500 pics, so you will have to weed your way through them, but I took lots of pics of the food.

I will send to your email addess - it will be an invite from kodakgallery from my email addess (gmail.com)

Steph

http://www.webshots.com/search?new=1&source=homesearch&query=carnival+cruise+food

The above is a link from the Webshots site that I found by searching "Carnival cruise food" on that site...many food photos (you may have to scroll down a bit to see the photos). Hope the pics come through (I've had trouble with trying to post links before :( )

OK ... done, you should be getting the email soon! Scan to pic number 121, there are about 30 pics of Carnival's Food Gala Buffet. There are a couple throughout the album too (I think) of dinner nights.

Thanks Steph, I appreciate you sharing your pics. Looks like you had a great time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Golden Fleece Specialty Restaurant on Legend:

Filet Mignon:

dscn0835tb7.th.jpg

Veal Chop:

dscn0276lx1.th.jpg

I'm having trouble uploading the Free Range Chicken -- I'll try again later.

Yes, I realize it was a bit tacky for me to take pics of my food, but it was all for CCers' benefit. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh Fruit & Sorbet Dessert:

dscn0838nt1.th.jpg

I just realized that when you look at the small version of this photo, at first glance you might not notice the glass full of fruit in the upper left corner of the plate, so it might look like you only get 3 blueberries, a dollop of sherbet and a pastry stick! :mad: Not so! :D

I am not in any way belittling the food served on cruise ships...on the contrary I find most of the Chefs imaginative and creative...perhps more so than those one finds in upscale restaurants. But, if you look at the food presented here you will see that they are all simple recipes with simple ingredients. What makes them 'special' is that those simple ingredients are very well prepared and, most important of all, presented in such a terrific way. It is the art of food.:)

One also has to remember that these Chefs,Sous Chefs and Cooks are preparing these meals...usually three differnt entres...for up to 1500-2000 people to be served over a 4 -5 hour period. Now that's tough!

Virtually anyone reading this thread could easily prepare any of the dishes I have seen photographed...the question is do they have the skill to prepare the food well and the artistry to present it well?:D

Just an observation from an old chef who loves to cruise...and loves the food!

By the way...once in a while I buy a tough steak...a rubbery lobster tail...a mushy apple or peach. It happens to all of us...so why...once in a while is it a surprise that a is ship gonna get a bad case of lobsters...or a tough order of steaks. Not much you can do about it in the middle of ocean!!:eek: Cook it the best you can, server it the best you can, and head for the staff bar!!!:D

Tom:)

I am not in any way belittling the food served on cruise ships...on the contrary I find most of the Chefs imaginative and creative...perhps more so than those one finds in upscale restaurants. But, if you look at the food presented here you will see that they are all simple recipes with simple ingredients. What makes them 'special' is that those simple ingredients are very well prepared and, most important of all, presented in such a terrific way. It is the art of food.:)

One also has to remember that these Chefs,Sous Chefs and Cooks are preparing these meals...usually three differnt entres...for up to 1500-2000 people to be served over a 4 -5 hour period. Now that's tough!

Virtually anyone reading this thread could easily prepare any of the dishes I have seen photographed...the question is do they have the skill to prepare the food well and the artistry to present it well?:D

Just an observation from an old chef who loves to cruise...and loves the food!

By the way...once in a while I buy a tough steak...a rubbery lobster tail...a mushy apple or peach. It happens to all of us...so why...once in a while is it a surprise that a is ship gonna get a bad case of lobsters...or a tough order of steaks. Not much you can do about it in the middle of ocean!!:eek: Cook it the best you can, server it the best you can, and head for the staff bar!!!:D

Tom:)

Hi Tom

Wow, I wish everyone could read your comments. You have put into words so well the idea that people need to be reasonable with their expectations when dining on a cruise ship. I recently read a ship review (cant recall what ship) where the author had blasted the dining room staff because of the delay required to accomodate her special request to have a grilled cheese sandwhich for her child. I immediately thought to myself that this woman apparently doesnt understand whats involved with serving 1800 people in one sitting.

My jaw dropped when on one of my first cruises the waitstaff came flying into the dining room carrying hundreds of fresh-out-of-the-oven mango souffles, baked to perfection and all served piping hot. It was at that point that I realized how well they orchestrate each meal.

I can honestly say I dont think I have ever had a bad meal in the dining room on a cruise. (the buffet is a different story)

Anyway, it was refreshing to read your comments.. >>jack

Hi Tom

Wow, I wish everyone could read your comments. You have put into words so well the idea that people need to be reasonable with their expectations when dining on a cruise ship. I recently read a ship review (cant recall what ship) where the author had blasted the dining room staff because of the delay required to accomodate her special request to have a grilled cheese sandwhich for her child. I immediately thought to myself that this woman apparently doesnt understand whats involved with serving 1800 people in one sitting.

My jaw dropped when on one of my first cruises the waitstaff came flying into the dining room carrying hundreds of fresh-out-of-the-oven mango souffles, baked to perfection and all served piping hot. It was at that point that I realized how well they orchestrate each meal.

I can honestly say I dont think I have ever had a bad meal in the dining room on a cruise. (the buffet is a different story)

Anyway, it was refreshing to read your comments.. >>jack

Agreed. Tom, can you post that over on the Carnival board? Some people need perspective. :)

Excellent thread..very informative and the pictures were priceless! We went on a cruise 3 yrs ago but that one was totally financed by my husbands company. I haven't tried any of the other restaurants onboard except main dining and buffet. How do you go about dining at the others...do you need a reservation and how much extra do they usually charge in the others (average)? Going to be on carnivals fantasy on 10/26/06 if that helps..thanks :D

Excellent thread..very informative and the pictures were priceless! We went on a cruise 3 yrs ago but that one was totally financed by my husbands company. I haven't tried any of the other restaurants onboard except main dining and buffet. How do you go about dining at the others...do you need a reservation and how much extra do they usually charge in the others (average)? Going to be on carnivals fantasy on 10/26/06 if that helps..thanks :D

Unfortunately the Fantasy class ships only have the dining room and buffet (including 24-hour pizza of course). There is no other specialty restaurant.

• 3 months later...

Archived