Does Princess change ship time?

FandMCruisers

I am currently booking shore excursions for our upcoming cruise on the Caribbean Princess on July 29. I was wondering if the ship remains on Eastern time since we are departing from Fort Lauderdale or if it changes time to match the islands. For instance, the ship schedule says we will be in Grand Cayman from 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Does that mean we will be there from 6:00 - 3:00 Cayman time or is the 7:00 - 4:00 listed as local time?

About 95% of the time, the ship's time does change with the time zones. Only once or twice have I seen it not happen. If the time is going to be changing, it will be on the front of the Princess Patter, as well as announced by the CD at the shows the night before (usually). I can't remember about Grand Cayman exactly, but as long as their is 1 other port in the same time zone it will change.

Hopfully someone who has been on the ship recently can give a more difinative answer.

Answer: yes and no. :D

When we did the Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean, the ship's time changed to local time in port.

When we did the Star Princess Western Caribbean, the ship's time did NOT change and it made scheduling non-Princess excursions interesting.

All I can say is, check with people who have been on your itinerary lately (maybe on recent rollcall threads) and ask them what happened time-wise in each port.

We also were on the Caribbean Princess that disembarked last Saturday....they changed to Port times. Our excursions were all privately booked and there was no problem. (Grand Cayman and Cozumel were on the central daylight time I believe)

Archived