5A on Carnival Elation...

croozgal

Haven't tried one yet but have one booked for Sept on the Ecstasy. figure for the price I could not pass it up. Plus it does have portholes for letting some light in. They are on several decks, we got Empress. The negatives I have read are that there is noise when anchoring and if seas are rough you can feel it more up at the bow (forward). We are looking forward to trying one! Cheaper than an inside and a view out too!

We stayed in cabin E1 on the Inspiration in Feb and I thought it was a good cabin. We did notice more motion than in other areas of the ship such as lower decks and midship but it wasn't a huge difference. Just enough to make you notice it some.

I loved the port hole windows!!! The have this ledge around them that about 1 1/2 ft. deep and I loved sitting up there on it lookin gout the windows in the morning. It was kind of like my own personal window seat:D. I wonder if other people do this????

The only negative about this cabin was that it was right beside the storage room for the stewards, that could be alittle noisy cuz you could hear them with their carts and they were in and out of there a lot.

Still enjoyed it though and would book it again! LOVED being on the empress deck. I think that on this class of ship that is my preferred deck. Close to everything!

Thanks for the responses. I went ahead and made the change. Rain bowbrite, I am now in E1 on the Elation. The room should be exactly the same as yours on Inspiration. Are the portholes at eye level so you can see out of them easily?

Karen,

Yippie!! I think that you will enjoy E1 better than an inside!

Yep the portholes are at eye level and very easy to see out of. And if you are like me you will enjoy sitting up there on that little ledge gazing out at the sea with your morning coffee or tea. They also have curtains on them just like the regular windows in the oceanview cabins so you can close them off for sleeping.

Which itinerary are you sailing on the Elation? I will be on the Elation in Feb going to Nassua, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk.

Jodie

I'm on the same itinerary but going in October. I think my cruise is the first for the 5-day itineraries.

I'm so glad to hear about the portholes set-up. I can see myself now...curling up in that nook with my early morning cup of coffee just watching the ocean and enjoying the total peace. I can also see myself ending the day in the same spot. I can't believe I saved $140 by "downgrading" from a high inside to a midlevel with ocean view. Hopefully the weather is nice so I don't have to experience the further-forward-more-motion rule.

Karen,

It is rather ironic sometimes, the fact that the higher up you go the more you pay. Especially considering you feel the motion of the ship more the higher up you go. The last time I was in the Spa, which was on the second highest deck, I thought I was going to roll off the table (it was during storm). The ride was much smoother down on the mid level and lower decks!

About itinerary, I am pretty excited about it. It's almost like a mini eastern caribbean cruise, which is great since most eastern itineraries are 7 days of longer. So I applaud Carnival for coming up with this one! Can't wait to snorkel the Grand Turks wall, haven't done that one yet!:)

Have a great time! Maybe you will post a review when you return?

Jodie

Archived