Checking on price drop and room assignment?

In reading the boards here it looks like you all suggest to contact your travel agent to have them check of price drops before sailing...Does anyone have any experience with doing so when you use Carnivals own vacation planners?

Should I call them and ask? Also would they maybe know where my cabin assignment is? My sign and sail says TBA still.

And if I should call how soon should it be now of closer to sail date?

Thanks loads!

Nancy

I used a Carnival PVP for my past cruise on the Fantasy and also to book my upcoming cruise on the Sensation.

I was a first time cruiser and actually knew nothing about price drops. My dd and sil decided to cruise with me and called Carnival and got a price quote. it was lower than what i had orginally booked mine and several others cruise. I called my PVP and brought it to his attention and within an hour, all six of us that were booked had some very nice onboard credit, ranging from 20.00 pp up to 140.00 pp. He even managed to get the two that booked at the last minute assigned to our table for dinner as well. The PVP that I use is simply wonderful and I am always recommending him to people.

As far as knowing about your cabin assignment, I had an assigned cabin last time and really dont know if the PVP would know but I would think that it wouldnt hurt to call and ask

[b]What I did was go to Carnival's web site and price out the cruise I am on. Got a price in the same category we are in. When the price went down I had my TA contact Carnival and we got the lower price. I think you can only do this before final payment is due. After that if the price drops you might get an upgrade or onboard credit if you're lucky.[/b]

[b]Terri[/b]

TeeDee is correct. I booked directly with carnival and my group price has dropped 3 times!!! Whenever I call to make payments or ask questions, I always ask my vacation planner if the price has dropped. She told me from the beginning that they will not tell you about price drops. They only inform you if you ASK.

She also said that if the price drops after final payments, then they will issue onboard credits!!! Definitely call and ask if the price has dropped.

We have had no problems with Carnival or another cruise line concerning price drops on both of our upcoming cruises. Actually when I did call to check on a specific cruise item and asked about changes in prices, they gave me the price drop, once it was $1200 for two people in a suite, they encouraged me to continually check for price drops and call about them. I've no problems with how they have dealt with us.

Jim

Archived