A few questions re: Explorer of the Seas

I apologize in advance if these have been asked and answered:

1. I have read that if you want to bring wine that is not offered on the cruise, you may, up to 2 bottles per person but a corkage fee applies. If I pack it in my luggage, how do they know, and if they do, do I have to pay the fee upon embarkation? or is it only if I bring the bottle to dinner?

2. DMIL will be traveling with us and is very into working out with a punching bag. Wants to know if anyone spotted one in the gym onboard the EOS.

3. A few years ago on a Celebrity cruise, aside from the Grand Midnight Buffet, they had various themed midnight buffets during the week, such as Mexican night, Tripical night, Italian night. Is this a trend on Royal Caribbean sailings as well, seeing as though they are sister companies? People seem to refer to only one Grand Midnight Buffet on Formal Night #2.

Thanks much,

You may want to ask these questions on the RCCL board as you'll get more specific answers.

As to the wine, RCCL is starting to crack down on carrying alcohol aboard, even wine. Depending on the port, they may confiscate the wine at embarkation and you will then have to request that it be brought to the dining room to drink. There are several threads on the RCCl board at the moment about changes to the alcohol policies so you may want to read those.

Don't know about the exercise room. There is a minimum age though of 16, so if your son is younger than that he won't be able to use the exercise facilities.

Usually there are 2 buffets during the week in my experience, but it depends on the ship and the length of the cruise. The 2 I've seen are the Grand Gala Buffet in the main dining room and a Caribbean Buffet out by the main pool.

Archived