Dawn Princess Mexican Riviera Menus

dmooers

We, a group of five, are sailing on the October 7 Dawn Princess cruise to the Mexican Riviera. I have been trying to find copies of the dinner menus for this cruise but have been unable to find any. Would anyone have copies of the menus or know of a website where I could find them. We are trying to get an idea of what night we want to do Sterling's. Also, does anyone have any dining recomendations in Acapulco since we are there until 11:00pm? Thanks.

Hello, Demoers.

I can't help with the Dawn menus, but I would be interested in them as well. DH and I are sailing on the Dawn in January - probably the same itinerary as your fall cruise. Hopefully, someone will post the menus.

Without knowing what type of restaurant you're looking for in Acapulco, I will list those that are in our AAA Mexico Tourbook. I have visited the websites and found a few that sound very nice. I think DH and I will go to Baikal as it sound likes an outstanding dining experience in a beautiful environment.

Here are some of the other restaurants recommended by AAA:

Le Mansion

El Faro

El Olvido

Suntory Acapulco

Su Casa

Coyuca 22

Kookaburra

CasaNova

La Hacienda

Tabachin

Bellavista

Hope you have a wonderful voyage on the Dawn. We sail 6 months from today.

Chris

We, a group of five, are sailing on the October 7 Dawn Princess cruise to the Mexican Riviera. I have been trying to find copies of the dinner menus for this cruise but have been unable to find any. Would anyone have copies of the menus or know of a website where I could find them. We are trying to get an idea of what night we want to do Sterling's. Also, does anyone have any dining recomendations in Acapulco since we are there until 11:00pm? Thanks.

Hi there,

I'm clueless about the menus - but can help out in giving you a few ideas where to have dinner in Acapulco. I haven't been there in a few years but the following restaurants were definitly worth going.

La Mansion (Steak, seafood, int'l) -

Near Wall Mart on the opposite end of the Bay from where the port is

approx. 10 min by taxi / excellent service, excellent food and nice / romantic atmosphere (it is on Costera Miguel Alleman)

Dino's (Italien)

Also situation on the Costera Miguel Alleman but closer to port

They have a terrace from which you can watch the sun go down. It is a very relaxed atmosphere and excellent food

Su Casa (int'l)

it is up in the mountains and the view is breathtaking - a little bit out of the way and expensive but worth it

La Petite Belgique (belgium and french cuisine)

It is near the Acapulco Plaza Hotel (about 1 block further). Probably the closest to the port but not by far

If I were there for 1 night only -- it would be a toss-up between Dino's and La Mansion.

Bon appétit !!!

El Olvido -- as mentionned by another person posting. It is mainly steak and seafood but the menu is different. The terrace out back looks out at the ocean. It is very beautiful and very good.

Just thought I'd return and include this one as I forgot to mention it the first time.

Hoping all this helps you out !!!

If you would like further names of restaurants, ... just ask.:)

dmooers,

We will also be on your cruise. There is a Roll Call at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=350837

About the menus--someone posted here once that you could e-mail Princess and request the menus. I did it and was surprised when they really sent them to me!! However, at the time the Dawn was doing 10 day cruises so I only got them for 10 days. They might have the 11 day set by now. I wish I had saved them in my computer so I could send them to you but I just printed them out and every so often I get them out and "plan dinner" and count the days.

demoors: We also are going on the Oct.7. cruise. We are hoping to have dinner and watch the cliff divers at the same time, Funny thing, we also have relatives in Powder Springs, GA. Were there for a wedding few years ago and what a beautiful area.

Sherry

Archived