Taste of Paris Tour?

PattyMichael

We will be on the Century on 9/2. We are taking the ships tour "Taste of Paris" They drive you around then leave you off some where? Does anyone know where. We will have 3 1/2 hours on our own. What and where do go? What are the must see sights in the short time we will be there? Has anyone been on this tour?

Thanks

I was on the Constellation for the TA sailing in 9/05. We did the Taste of Paris tour and really enjoyed it. The drive from the ship to Paris was fairly long (about 2 1/2 hours I think). It was very informative though and we had a wonderful local tour guide on the bus. She gave us a great deal of information about what to expect and answered questions about "what to do" during our time on our own. The bus dropped us off very close to the Eiffel Tower after driving through the city first and showing us many sights from the bus. We had about 3 1/2 hours to tour on our own at that point.

We were able to see/do almost everything we wanted during that time (Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Champs de Elysses, Notre Dame, Louvre, etc.) We walked the entire time with the exception of catching a taxi back to the bus with only 5 minutes to spare! What an adventure. If you have any other questions, I can try to answer them if my memory allows me! You'll love the city and the tour if you do it.

If you're planning to visit the Eiffel tower you need to be aware of the following. The tower has three levels. The elevators that you get at the base of the tower will take you to levels 1 and 2. If you want to go to the very top, you need to change elevators on level 2. Unless you are there first thing in the morning when the tower opens this can be a very time consuming process. If you are pressed for time, go to level 2 and skip the summit.

I think the best thing you can do is decide in advance which of the sights in Paris you really want to see and then grab a taxi there as soon as you get off the bus. You can go most places by subway but you will lose a lot of time.

• 1 month later...

Hi RenaeinPA: My husband and I will be doing the transfer to Paris excursion (Holland America). You mentioned that you could walk to the main attractions. How far apart are they? We love to walk, but when we look at Paris maps, it looks like most places of interest are about 5 miles apart. That is a lot of walking in 3-1/2 hours. Any help regarding this type of excursion would be greatly appreciated. We leave on the 12th of Sept. Thank you so much for your help. Barbara from Maryland

Archived