Jimmy Buffett...

L2J

...ROCKED Nissan Pavilion this weekend! The concert was sold out and the crowd was great, beach balls were non stop. Copious amounts of Margaritas and Coronas flowing....best of all was "my" company!!

For those not fortunate enough to attend - the set list follows....

http://www.buffettnews.com/forum/vi...0ea3de51ad1a152

I hope next years show will be just as GREAT!!

If you didn't see him, I'm sorry (NOT!!)

Could you imagine being on the same cruise as Buffett? What a coup that would be for some cruise line?

Believe it or not...."THAT" is in the works.

The concert was sold out and the crowd was great, beach balls were non stop. Copious amounts of Margaritas and Coronas flowing....best of all was "my" company!!

Don't know about other parts of the country, but here in Florida his concerts pretty much ALWAYS sell out. Getting tickets is tough, and getting decents seats is even tougher. Those clowns at Corona always have the best ones reserved...

:p

Don't know about other parts of the country, but here in Florida his concerts pretty much ALWAYS sell out. Getting tickets is tough, and getting decents seats is even tougher. Those clowns at Corona always have the best ones reserved...

:p

As they do here also!! Nissan will sell 25K tix and the house was packed - don't know the "exact number" but it was reported that he sold out in around 8 minutes! I have it from a reliable source that the Nissan show blew away the St. Pete performance!

After working concert security for 6 yrs and Jimmy Buffett one of my favs to work. Tickets have always been hard to get. IMO Lawn seats & parking lots, before & after concerts are PARTAE CENTRAL. Always several in crowd that overindulge way too early but makes for some good laughs for crowd & security.

Tickets have always been hard to get.

IMO Lawn seats & parking lots, before & after concerts are PARTAE CENTRAL. Always several in crowd that overindulge way too early but makes for some good laughs for crowd & security.

Going to start looking for tix now. LOL AND, going to start looking for hotel and planning tail-gate now!! Will have to get there very early!

Yes, "she" certainly did!!

Liv, glad you enjoyed the show! I saw him in April for the 4th time and intend to see him every chance I get from here on out... I was a bit disappointed this time as he played indoors and he usually plays at the ampitheatre... He should ALWAYS play outdoors!!!!!! Still great though.... I would have loved to have seen him over the 4th holiday, that would have been great! Glad you had a great weekend!

I've seen him 6 times though not for 10 years now. Back in the late 70's when Buffett played in Austin he would often dismiss the band and do 30 minutes of just him and a guitar. It was wonderful. Having followed Buffett for almost 30 years now it's great to see him getting the recognition.

Jimmy Buffett was in 1979, at Tampa Stadium. He was the Opening Act for the Eagles on their Long Run Tour. This was right after Volcano came out. Hell of a show.

I have seen him 44 other times since then, everywhere from Key West to Minneapolis to St. Louis to Raleigh, NC (and a few places in between).

Saw him once on tour, just him, Michael Utley, and Robert Greenidge (called themselves the King Kong trio).

My kids have each seen him 5-6 times a piece. Are we crazy? You bet, keeps us from going insane.

Bob

I was at Nissan with you on Saturday and I agree with you it was one excellent show and party in the parking lot before and after. There was a guy next to us with a blender hooked up to his engine. We made friends with him and had some frozen margaritas. I think this show was better than last years and hopefully, next year will be even better!

Archived