Swiming with TURTLES!!

nosmothj

We are going on a cruise and will be in Barbados Nov. 24. I have seeen info on swiming with turtles and it seems interesting. Has any one done this? What is you view? Could you advise of a cost and recommend a tour with a way to contact them?

• 3 weeks later...

We just did this last week and really enjoyed it! We booked it through RCI and it was great. The tour operators were feeding the turtles so they would swim right by us and we could touch them! It was really nice.

Hi nosmoth

my wife and myself went on a catamaran cruise not through the ship,we booked it online and it was absolutly amazing :) the captains name was Jason and he was very polite and informative, we went to see the sea turtles we were in the water for about 30 minutes they come right up to you after that we went to a shipwreck where they were thousands of fish,we booked the 3 hour snorkel cruise this boat is ideal for small groups,they take up to twelve people they met us at the gate and took us to a lovley bay where we met the boat the website adress is www.shasacatamarancruises.com fantastic day.

We went with Stephen on the Thriller Turtle & Shipwreck Snorkeling Tour & it was Fantastic. They were only 12 of us & we got to the Turtles fefore the large catamarans.

Then it was off to snorkel at the coral reef.

Our last snorkel was at 2 sunken shipwrecks.

We were taken to a really nice beach where we sipped rum punch.

Some of the guys had the local Banks Beer.

This was the highlight of our cruise.

We contacted Thriller to book this tour at e-mail thriller-ocean-tours@caribsurf.com

When we did our excursion on the Silver Moon, we were able to swim with the turtles. This excursion was the highlight of our cruise! Check out threads about the Silver Moon and you will see that everyone who has done an excursion on either of these boats loved it.

Here is a link to some of the pictures we took that day.

Sheffie We were very happy with our Thriller Turtle & Shipwreck Adventure & we were reccomended by others on these boards. We snorkeled at 3 different locations & a 4th stop was a beach stop. All this for only $45 U.S. you just can't beat this tour for value!! All this in 31/2 ours & had time to do some sightseeing by taxi before this 12.30p.m. snorkeling tour.

Great Snorkeling superb speedboat ride, we got to the stops before the catamarans. We almost had the entire boat for our family.

does thriller turtle have a website? or only the e-mail address?

happy holidays - on your 3 hour tour were any drinks included?

I am researching all these options and trying to decided between the 3 hour tour and a 5 hour tour.... just trying to better evaluate the price difference. TIA

does thriller turtle have a website? or only the e-mail address?

happy holidays - on your 3 hour tour were any drinks included?

I am researching all these options and trying to decided between the 3 hour tour and a 5 hour tour.... just trying to better evaluate the price difference. TIA

Hi Jillian,

We just got back from the Destiny yesterday & we did the Thriller Tour in Barbados last Wednesday. I don't think Stephen has a website but I e-mailed him for info & he always promptly replied. He was very thorough describing the tour & answered all questions (I probably e-mailed him 3 times with questions before I finally booked it). It is a wonderful value for the $$. I've heard great things about Silver Moon & hope to do that one day but for 5 people this was very affordable. We were the only ones at the turtle site for a majority of the time. The rum punch was the best I've ever had & ending the tour with a swim at a beautiful beach was the great way to end the day!

Susan

If you want to swim with the turtles and also enjoy a great day on a great boat, check out the Silver Moon. We just returned from our Adventure of the Seas cruise and booked the Silver Moon after reading wonderful things here on the boards. I HIGHLY reccommend it. Check out their website:

http://oceanadventures.bb/sailing.htm

And also do a serch on the Barbados boards and see what everyone has to say about. It was by far one of the best things we've ever done on a cruise.

The Best of Barbados through Glory Tours is only $89 per adult and will pick you up at the port at 9 and visit Orchid World, St Johns Church, Bathsheba, East coast stop for Lunch, Visit The wild Life Reserve, and then head down the South coast for swimming with the turtles and snorkeling at a ship wreck via a glass bottom boat. It returns to the port at 4pm.

Visit www.glorytours.org for more info. I'm really excited about our trip in December with them. Sarah has been a GREAT help over the past few weeks.

We just got back from AOS and did Silvermoon - through the ship. We signed up for the ship's excursion and it ended up being on one of the Silvermoon boats. It was GREAT and one of our more memorable experiences.

We're getting ready for our trip on AOS and would love to know which ship excursion this was...we tried to book Silvermoon separately and they were all booked up, so I'm thrilled we may be able to book it through the ship. What was the name of the excursion you went on? Thanks!!

Here you go -

This says it will be a powerboa tour but we were on a catamaran.

Swim with Turtles, Shipwrecks, Snorkel & Beach

Your tour includes two snorkel locations – Turtle Bay and a shipwreck site. Your guides will provide gear, instruction and information on the friendly turtles and varies species of fish you’ll see. You’ll also have time at a beach to swim or relax where cool drinks and rum punch will be served.

You will start with a powerboat ride along the West coast of Barbados, the playground of the rich and famous, to your stop at "Turtle Bay." The guides will equip you with your snorkel gear, instruction, and information about the lives and habits of the underwater creatures. You will then be able to snorkel with the friendly turtles while observing them in their natural environment.Next you will then board the powerboat again and head to the shipwreck snorkel site. Here you will see the different species of fish and the wreck they call their home. You will then visit a beach, where you will have a chance to relax, swim, and sunbathe as the guides serve cool drinks and rum punch. You will head back to your ship.

Note: Minimum age to participate in this tour is 5 years old and an adult must accompany children under the age of 16.

We just got back from AOS and did Silvermoon - through the ship. We signed up for the ship's excursion and it ended up being on one of the Silvermoon boats. It was GREAT and one of our more memorable experiences.

This sounds to me that it was just by chance that the excursion ended up on a Silver Moon catarmaran. The ship excursion's original boat was probably not available so they ended up booking the Silver Moon. I don't think this is usually the case, so don't count on getting the Silver Moon.

Hi Jillian,

We just got back from the Destiny yesterday & we did the Thriller Tour in Barbados last Wednesday. I don't think Stephen has a website but I e-mailed him for info & he always promptly replied. He was very thorough describing the tour & answered all questions (I probably e-mailed him 3 times with questions before I finally booked it). It is a wonderful value for the $$. I've heard great things about Silver Moon & hope to do that one day but for 5 people this was very affordable. We were the only ones at the turtle site for a majority of the time. The rum punch was the best I've ever had & ending the tour with a swim at a beautiful beach was the great way to end the day!

Susan

Hi Susan, can you tell me if it was easy to get to their docks. I got a response from Stephen today and it doesn't seem like it included transportation to and from port. Also, can you tell me how long the total tour was and what beach you ended up at. Stephen said we could opt to get off at the beach if we wanted to stay longer than the estimated 1 hour that he has scheduled but I'm not sure if it would be easy to get back to the port from that beach.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Malibu beach and there was a guy there with glass bottom boat. He took us to swim with the turtles for $20.00 pp NOT $45.00 not $100.00

I got to swim in the same water and see the same turtles and saved up to $160.00. I WAS HAPPY

I don't know really the charge was $65 USD for an adult and $49 USD for the kids and this was for about a 3 hour round trip we spent about 1 hour 30 minutes on the boat.

How did you spend the other 1 1/2 hours? Is that how long it took to get from the ship to the where the Sea Eye docks?

What was the transportation like (an a/c van)?

Thanks.Karen

• 1 month later...

My family and I have just returned from Barbados. We went on a turtle cruise with El Tigre and thought is was fantastic!! The crew was very attentive and we felt as if we were part of their family. We were picked up promptly and the boat was beautiful. The captain told us that they spent several weeks on dry dock painting, etc and I can say they did a great job. Drinks were included and the cost was BB$100 for the 3-hour tour. They fed the turtles and brought them close for the ones who did not want to snorkel and then we snorkled by the marine park. Awsome!! I understand that they do a lunch tour with snorkeling which we will try next time we visit. Their website is www.eltigrecruises.com Give them a try. You won't be disappointed!!:) :)

We are going on a cruise and will be in Barbados Nov. 24. I have seeen info on swiming with turtles and it seems interesting. Has any one done this? What is you view? Could you advise of a cost and recommend a tour with a way to contact them?

My family and I have just returned from Barbados. We went on a turtle cruise with El Tigre and thought is was fantastic!! The crew was very attentive and we felt as if we were part of their family. We were picked up promptly and the boat was beautiful. The captain told us that they spent several weeks on dry dock painting, etc and I can say they did a great job. Drinks were included and the cost was BB$100 for the 3-hour tour. They fed the turtles and brought them close for the ones who did not want to snorkel and then we snorkled by the marine park. Awsome!! I understand that they do a lunch tour with snorkeling which we will try next time we visit. Their website is www.eltigrecruises.com Give them a try. You won't be disappointed!!:) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived