Question for the guys

suexxx

Hi. Guys can you tell me what type of footwear you all wear when you are cruising. DH normally wears sneakers and good shoes when we go out. Do I need to buy him some other foot wear? We have purchased our reef shoes. Thanks Suexxx

Hi. Guys can you tell me what type of footwear you all wear when you are cruising. DH normally wears sneakers and good shoes when we go out. Do I need to buy him some other foot wear? We have purchased our reef shoes. Thanks Suexxx

My DH took thongs, reef shoes, sneakers & a pair of black leather shoes for night time.

Karen

my husband wore his joggers on board and took good thong type sandals and one good pair of leather shoes for night time.

I actually managed with wearing my "jewelled" type good thongs aboard and taking one pair for evening and another for day wear.

If you plan you can take much less.

we did take one pair of reef shoes whcih daughter used for about 15 minuyes just enough to get them wet and smelly!!!

Hi Sue

Well, from a bloke. A nice pair for nights and walking and summer wear for days. However for the ladies, take as many pairs as you like , but don't ask the bloke to put some in his suitcase. (only joking):)

Rolls.

2002 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2003 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2004 Pacific Sky (August from Auckland)

2005 Pacific Sun (September from Sydney)

2006 Pacific Sun (September from Sydney) N628 Departure 17 September.

I normally take my birkenstock type sandles for wearing around the ship during the day and on the beaches etc, my business/work type shoes for formal nights and a pair of casual shoes for non formal nights. Depending on the ports and what we're going to do I'll usually take my hike boots as well - especailly if we are going to do a lot of walking.

Kym

LAST CRUISE i TOOK 11 PAIRS I BET NOT MANY WOMEN CAN MATCH THAT AMOUNT

PAUL

11 pairs and you are male!!!!:D that would be a whole other suitcase, why did you need so many:) :)

I find that the more i travel the more i realise the ton of clothes that come back unworn. I mix and match and can usually makee do with a lot less shoes. They take up far too much room

LAST CRUISE i TOOK 11 PAIRS I BET NOT MANY WOMEN CAN MATCH THAT AMOUNT

PAUL

I don't even own 11 pairs. Unlike most women, I HATE buying shoes. I took a pair of thongs, sandles, reef shoes & my linedancing boots for night time.

Karen

I knew that would cause questions so here is the breakdown

1 pair to travel in

1 black dress shoes with black DJ

1 white dress shoes with white DJ

1 dance shoes

1 brown for brown lounge suit

1 black for dark lounge suit

1 grey for grey lounge suit

1 flip flops

1 slippers

1 brown trainers

1 black trainers

you dont want to know about the rest of the luggage just to say everything matches.

Before we go we put extr rails up in a spare room Jill puts out all her daytime and evening wear and I do the same except on the evening wear whatever she is wearing I choose something that will compliment her colours for that evening , we just came back from 12 nights opn Arcadia and had 2 suitcases each !

I knew that would cause questions so here is the breakdown

1 pair to travel in

1 black dress shoes with black DJ

1 white dress shoes with white DJ

1 dance shoes

1 brown for brown lounge suit

1 black for dark lounge suit

1 grey for grey lounge suit

1 flip flops

1 slippers

1 brown trainers

1 black trainers

you dont want to know about the rest of the luggage just to say everything matches.

Before we go we put extr rails up in a spare room Jill puts out all her daytime and evening wear and I do the same except on the evening wear whatever she is wearing I choose something that will compliment her colours for that evening , we just came back from 12 nights opn Arcadia and had 2 suitcases each !

Oh my, a man who 'cares' how he co-ordinates everything. You are a gem. One in a million. My DH thinks as long as he's wearing a shirt and pants that should be good enough. I am going to show him that some men do care how they 'dress up'!

Oh my, a man who 'cares' how he co-ordinates everything. You are a gem. One in a million. My DH thinks as long as he's wearing a shirt and pants that should be good enough. I am going to show him that some men do care how they 'dress up'!

Well howsthis, I'm guessing your DH is an Aussie:D, as is mine.They don't like to dress up do they?

Karen

We cruise once a year and pay a lot for the privalage , Also over the years we have picked up a lot of "Cruise" clothes that you only wear once in a blue mood , so we use the cruises to wear these special clothes after all it is a special holiday and you can lounge about not lloking your best the rest of the year, why not dress up in your Sunday best every night of the cruise

.... why not dress up in your Sunday best every night of the cruise

There's no such thing as "Sunday best" here Paul. I'm from England so I know what you're talking about. Aussies are very casual people. A lot to do with the climate. Nothing worse than going out in a suit & tie in 40 deg heat:eek: . Having said that, when we were on our cruise most people did dress up for formal nights.

Karen

Where you from in UK Karen we are in Birmingham

I'm from Bradford. Came to Oz in Dec '70. Went back to UK in July '75 and came back again Jan '76. Would love to go back for a holiday sometime. Couldn't live there though. I love this country.

Karen

My DH is an Aussie but now I'm getting worried! When we were shopping just the other day he says we better start getting his clothes for the cruise. Over 400 days to go yet. At this rate he will need 3 suitcases.

For our last cruise, we went shopping 4 days before for clothes for hubby. Most people are packed by then.

Karen

Archived