Urgent question - is "Sold Out" really "Sold Out?"

PhilBiker

I just found out that my brother and his wife would like to join my wife and I on our August 27 NCL Spirit cruise out of NYC. Unfortunately, it is just now showing up as sold out in all the affordable cabin ranges tonight. Even earlier today stuff was available I think. Amazingly (suspiciously?), all the cabin types sold out at the same time.

My question is this: Is "Sold Out" really "Sold Out"? I know that the way many travel businesses work is that they block out groups of seats/rooms/cabins/whatever for different agencies or clients, and often if you can find the agent who still has seats/rooms/cabins/whatever available, you can get reservations where something is otherwise "sold out". I know all these agencies are running from the same database, but it would be really nice if my brother who was my best man can join me and my wife for our anniversary cruise.

I know a lot of Travel Agents read this site, can you give me any advice or contact me via PM or email if you can help?

Hi Philbiker! On cruise.com there are oceanview, balcony, and suites left on your cruise, but the inside cabins are gone. I am not affliated w/that website but have a lot of sites I check. Happy sailing!

I am a travel agent and have been trying to get that sailing for a client...completely sold out...at this point the groups have all been turned back in to the cruiseline. The only chance of getting a room is if someone happens to cancel, but your agent would have to be calling the cruiseline at the exact time of the cancellation, or someone else will get it.

Archived