How do I get the cabin I booked?

artone

That confirms what I suspected - you cannot book this cabin or its opposite number on the port side as a guarantee and expect to keep it. I think they are assuming that there are some who desire these cabins so much that they will pay the full shot.

The ONLY way you can book tbe Cat. AE on my sailing is as a Guarantee.....What kind of games is Princess playing and I want to know WHO will get those 2 cabins if everyone is booked as a guarantee???? :confused:
No answer from my TA - YET....and the Personalizer still has me in D407....

But, can't seem to remember where I read it. Some fine print some place stating basically that if you booked a GTY "SPECIAL" AE or BE/BF that you basically were accepting something there OR better, meaning they could place you anyplace. Which is why they will only book the GTY "SPECIAL" for 2 passengers, because they can place you any place there or better. They can't put 3/4 passengers in just any cabin. GTY is GTY. No assigned cabin. Your agent should have told you that you probably wouldn't have ended up with one of them. I know on our sailing that Princess sold at least 18 AE GTY specials. My chances of getting one of them were slim to none. And we were immediately put in an AA within a few days of deposit. Princess is not the only one that does this.
Royal caribbean had their XYZ category GTY Specials. It is a way to plug and play vacancies on the ship. NCL also does this on several of their ships. Only 2 cabins in a category and then they sell multiples of them during promos.

Yes, I think you are right about the Guarantee "Special" - but if you cannot book that category ANY OTHER WAY - what is "up" with that kind of marketing? :mad: I [b]still[/b] would like to know who ends up in those (2) only cabins?? and why?? :confused:

I'm just going to (try) to be stubborn enough & refuse the upgrade to Cat. AA offerred and see what happens! :p

Alternately, I could "downgrade" to my "[i]original [/i]Cat. BB" booking ([i]before the Cat. AE Reginonal Special came along)[/i]

if Princess insists on putting me on Dolphin Deck (Balconies totally uncoverd) on this cruise, I might just do that.... At least w/Cat BB I can be on Caribe Deck - and have 1/2 Covered Balcony - AND the balcony will be larger....and "Cheaper"..:D

It's a "bad weather" cruise - and I'd like a covered Balcony.

- On the Sapphire, a totally covered Balcony (Mini-suite) is only possible on Emerald Deck or else you have to go up to a Full Suite!! :eek: (Not a very good ship's design choice, I think!!!)
Renee (aka GotToCruise)

When checking a couple of websites like Travelocity, the 2 AE cabins were considerably more expensive than the other Mini-suites. I talked to a Princess agent several weeks ago about the 2 AE cabins on the Diamond. She confirmed that the only way to book either of those 2 specific cabins was to pay the premium price and NOT the guarantee price. She did say that if the price dropped before final payment, that reduction would be passed on. It just depends on how much those 2 cabins are worth to you. Personally, if it were just the 2 of us sailing, I would choose the BB cabin. You would have the extra large balcony that is half covered.

Or the other option if you enjoy the true aft location, is the BB cat aft cabins, such as E732 & E735. Their balconies are totally covered and you have full view of the wake.

Thanks Vicki--- for the April 23rd sailing - Princess will not book Cat. AE at the "Premium" price - only a Guarantee --(at least for now) --really a catch 22 ---
and of course you are right ---we had booked Cat. BB in an AFT cabin on Dolphin (very AFT and fully covered) when the Promo for the Cat. AE Guarantee came along - we switched...hoping, of course, to be either "left alone" or upgraded to Full Suite!! Ha Ha! - Guess that happens only to first time cruisers ! (at least lately.....)
I leave tomorrow for Osaka, and won't be home for a month...so will have to keep check on this thru the Ship's computer (G-D help me!)...We will wait to see how it turns out for us......Renee (aka GotToCruise)

Look on the bright side - you are getting a minisuite at a great price! You were the guinea pig in this experiment and we appreciate the fact that you've kept us up to date. The old rule still applies, book the cabin you'll be happy with in the first place, and don't count on the upgrade fairy.

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]I was in the same boat (pun intended). I was "upgraded" without notice and was not happy about it. The term upgrade implies something better. Upgrades on Princess are not always to something better, just a different location. Location is very important to me and I searched all dates until I found the cabin I wanted before I booked. [/font][/size]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]When I brought it to the attention of my TA, she notified Princess and they were somehow able to get my cabin back. I am one happy camper. I think they offered the upgrade to the people they gave my cabin to and they were happy to be moved to a midship location. This turned out to be a win win situation. I'm not saying this would always turn out this well, but it did this time and it was due to my TA pursuing it. I use and on-line agency, so it proves that you can get a good TA and a great price.[/size][/font]
[size=3][/size]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]I love Princess for their ships and itineraries, but will be very careful in the future to make sure there is no doubt about what I consider an upgrade[/size].[/font]

Archived