Strappy silver sandals with all 3 outfits for dinner?

Opinions please. I "think" I just may get away with only taking one pair of strappy silver sandals for dinner. :eek: O.K. this is what I have

1. An icy blue floor length formal dress (I think they will look very good with this dress)

2. Knee length balloon hem black skirt with sleeveless silver blouse. (again I think this will look good with the sandals.)

3. White pants and a cyan colored beaded sweater. (o.k. with the sandals. ) 4.Black knee length cocktail dress. The dress is simple sleeveless, v-neckeck, empire waist with a band of black beads around the empire waist. (this is the one I am not sure about.)

So can I actually go on a 5 night cruise with only one pair of dress sandals?

5. If you are wondering...probably be in port and not eat in dining room.

Thanks for your opinions, Candy

I wouldn't worry at all. Your outfits sound great and if you're concerned about the simple LBD, don't! Your silver strappy sandals will be fine. I'm envious. My goal for my next cruise (2/07) is to have one pair of dressy shoes for both formal nights. I'm even having a hard time doing that. You go, girl!

I totally agree with the others.

The shoes AND your outfits sound perfect.

I plan to try to make one pair of dressy black satin sandals do for all 3 of our formal nights too.

Rosann

Thanks ladies! DH tells me I bring too much stuff. Told him last night that I thought he was going to bring more shoes than I am. :D

I am planning on walking shoes for ports and comfy sandals for sea days. 3 pairs I can not believe it!

Thanks again, Candy

I think it sounds great.

I bring one pair of nice black heels for formal nights and another pair with a lower heel for casual nights when I wear black pants. I could do a cruise with only the first pair, but I'm more comfortable in the second.

Opinions please. I "think" I just may get away with only taking one pair of strappy silver sandals for dinner. :eek: O.K. this is what I have

1. An icy blue floor length formal dress (I think they will look very good with this dress)

2. Knee length balloon hem black skirt with sleeveless silver blouse. (again I think this will look good with the sandals.)

3. White pants and a cyan colored beaded sweater. (o.k. with the sandals. ) 4.Black knee length cocktail dress. The dress is simple sleeveless, v-neckeck, empire waist with a band of black beads around the empire waist. (this is the one I am not sure about.)

So can I actually go on a 5 night cruise with only one pair of dress sandals?

5. If you are wondering...probably be in port and not eat in dining room.

Thanks for your opinions, Candy

All of your outfits sound great!!!

I believe they will all also look good with the silver shoes, too.

Now, if you actually do this, your are my new role model.:rolleyes:

I COULD NEVER just bring one pair of dining shoes, but my problem is just plain dumb.

I have an addiction to shoes and sometimes I feel as guilty for leaving some behind as I do my kids.:eek:

So , you go girl....more power to ya!:D

Thanks ladies! DH tells me I bring too much stuff. Told him last night that I thought he was going to bring more shoes than I am. :D

I am planning on walking shoes for ports and comfy sandals for sea days. 3 pairs I can not believe it!

Thanks again, Candy

I couldn't do it, but then again I like my choices :) For dinner, I just brought 2 pairs of shoes, casual nights and formal night, but the shoes for day-time added up...oh well!

I think the silver sandals will look fine with all your outfits, especially if you tie the color in with accessories.

I've done 7 day cruises with 3 pair of shoes. Initially, I thought I'd miss having choices, but it made everything so easy... When our kids were smaller, and the 4 of us were in a D1 quad, we packed as efficiently as possible. Now, it's habit.

I agree with ehpride - use sterling silver or czs to accessorize, and everything will work with those strappy sandals.

Candy - You have my admiration.

I just HATE taking a pair of shoes that will only get 1 night out, so try to make sure that my dressy shoes will work for all formal nights. That you have worked it so that you are wearing just the 1 pair ALL of the nights is simply amazing. I salute YOU!!!

Just 1 question - what's a "balloon" hem on the skirt? I'm not familiar with that term so don't know what it looks like. I'm intriguied.

Have a FABULOUS cruise. :)

(Since you have more room in your bags, buy yourself a little something extra!) ;)

I am not even going to lie to myself and pretend I don't want to take a different pair of shoes for every evening.

I admire ya'll who can and do, but I love dressing up and I love shoes...so that's part of my fun :D

And that's why there are little rollie wheelie things on my luggage! LOL!

~e

Wow, I'm impressed. I can't go anywhere, even for a weekend, without bringing at least 5 pair of shoes. When I travel for more than 5 days, a small suitcase is devoted to shoes. I feel insecure without shoe choices. You never know what shoes are even going to fit on a given day. My feet sometimes swell, or sometimes not. Big shoe size difference. Menopause is not kind. I have to have my workout shoes, at least gold, silver, and black heels, water shoes, a couple of pair of flip flops, so you see, I'm a lost "sole", LOL!

If I was the least bit computer savvy I would go to jcpenney.com and see if I could find the skirt. But I only have this window up and don't know how to save this one and open a new window, dummy!

I will try to explain. It looks like they have hemmed the skirt and not used enough thread. Oh boy, you are hemming a skirt and you know how you have to pull the thread so the hem will lay flat. It's almost like it gathers at the hem. I need to find a picture.

Candy

I would pack two different pair.

One reason is that I love shoes and believe they are really important to the overall look of an outfit, and the second is that I have had the little rubber pieces on the bottom come off far too many times because I get them caught in something. If that happens and I only have one pair packed, I would be very unhappy:(.

I would pack the silver and also a great pair of black evening shoes.

I agree with caviargal.

I wouldn't risk having only one pair because, as she says, you could have a shoe mishap that could leave you with no options.

The other "danger" is that sometimes very comfortable shoes become uncomfortable - maybe you do a little swelling. So all of a sudden, the shoe rubs in a spot it never rubbed before and wearing them again the next night becomes a painful experience. Again, with only one pair, you're left with no options.

I'd being two pair.

I agree with Jane & Caviargal, but I also see your point. So I'm on the fence.

My problem is "day shoes/sandels". I have a little less of a problem with "evening shoes" as I only wear flats.

Your outfits sound wonderful. Have a wonderful cruise, healthy, happy, safe travels.:)

My ever sensible sister said the same thing. What if one of those straps on the silver sandals breaks:eek: . I was only planning on taking walking/tennis type shoes for port days and Berkinstocks for sea days. In theory it sounds good. The what ifs in me say take your black dress heels. So, while I'm at it I might as well take a couple more pairs of sandals too.:)

Thanks for all your help ladies. I really enjoy these boards.

Candy

Here is an example of a balloon hem:

v4071.jpg

It is two like two layers fused together and somewhat "poofy".

Hmmm, I'll try again....

Instead of the hem being turned under at the edge and finished, it is instead sewn /with a second layer to form a balloon edge.

AHHHH!!

That is a horrible description... but I need help.

Any takers?

Nancy where are you?

Yes that is what my black skirt looks like. Yesterday I was online shopping and saw a hem like that and can't for the life of me remember what they called it. It was not balloon but something like it Poofy? No that is not the word.

It is VERY hard to explain. Thanks for the picture.

Candy

Archived