Cave Tubing or Snorkeling? Vote...

argoisin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I was in Belize last fall. We went Cave Tubing at Jaguar Paw Resort and had a ball. It was exhillerating and relaxing all at the same time. The tour we went on was a jungle trek and cave tubing. When we finally got there, they had restrooms where you could change and a locked area where we could stow the things we did not want to get wet. We did cross the river with tube in hand and walked about a half an hour or so where we entered the river. We had lamps on our heads which helped illuminate the caves as we floated through. We went through two caves with a small set of rapids, where it was 'butts up'.

We did have one small incident. Some kind of bug bit a member of our group. He started to have a reaction, but his wife had Benedryl in tablet and topical form and used both. After a few mintues the swelling went down and all was well.

Wish you the best in your decision making.

We also went Cave Tubing at Jaguar Paw Resort and also had a ball, you can snorkel at any Caribbean port but how many times do you have a chance to float down a river merging in and out of cave systems?

We found a private tour company at the dock, we were tubing all day, got back just in time to do a little shopping (about an hour) before it was time to tender back to the ship. the tendering was terrible and long but the day was GREAT!

Being a SCUBA diver, it is hard not to want to dive/snorkle in Belize, but we have decided to try the cave tubing. My logic is, I can dive/snorkle at the other ports (Cozumel and Roatan) but I can only do cave tubing in Belize. Like the above poster stated, cave tube this time and come back and snorkle next time. Its always nice to find a reason to take another cruise.

I don't know that I would call it 'boring'. I just think it's way over-rated. Especially if you get stuck tubing with a hundred other people (and I'm not over-exagerating) all at the same time. This is not my idea of fun. Even if you're in a small group (ours had 9) the chances of joining the larger groups all at the same time as the dozens of other people are trying to get into the water... Eeek, need I say more.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived