Valor, Eastern Carib compared to Pride ??

prideofpride

As you can see by my name....we just got off the Pride two weeks ago doing the Mexican Riviera. HAD A BLAST...but kept hearing from passengers that this just "isn't the Carribean." Now I just went ahead (don't know what got into me!!) and booked the Valor April 8th, 07 which stops at Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Martin. I have six kids. Can anyone shed light on weather during this time of year and fun exursions with kids?? We live in San Diego, so this is the first time we have to fly to get to a cruise ship!! Did a inside guarantee and was able to get $2842 per cabin of 4 people, including all taxes...does this sound decent? The Carnival Guy (Ed) also said when the past guest discount kicks in, he can juggle things around for me. My husband is fuming that we're not even off the boat two weeks, and I've already booked another. Tell me I didn't make a mistake with this one!!! I've heard good things about the Valor, just don't know if the itinary is good or not??

Stephanie

We have sailed the on the Pride (this past April) and have sailed the Caribbean many times (just not on the Valor). You will not be disappointed in the Caribbean!! We came off the Pride saying the same thing you said you heard on board! It's just not the same as the Caribbean...in fact I dont think we will ever cruise anywhere other than the Caribbean again (no Alaska or Med cruises for us!) But I do think its just a personal preference also....cruising for us has so much to do with the weather and laying out by the pool with that Calypso music playing and drinking a foo foo drink. We didnt get to do that much on the Pride nor would we in Alaska! We loved the Pride (the ship itself), but missed all those extra little things that make cruising so special to us!

I recently went on my 9th cruise this past may. It was on board the Valor. All of the past 8 cruises have been to the western caribbean/mexican riveria or what ever different people call it. Please don't get me wrong, I loved mexico, jamaica, and the grand cayman everytime I visited there, but after visiting the virgin islands there is NOTHING TO COMPARE. the bahamas were so so, but st. thomas and st. martin were undoubtably the most beautiful water, beaches and people i've ever seen. don't feel bad about booking this cruise. you will not regret it. stay on these boards and get all the advice you can, i did and it payed off, big time. next year me and my husband have decided not to cruise, but to fly and stay for a week in st. martin, it was so beautiful. i hope you have a blast

FYI The mexican riveria that the Pride sails is on the west coast. It is not the western caribbean cruise.

I recently went on my 9th cruise this past may. It was on board the Valor. All of the past 8 cruises have been to the western caribbean/mexican riveria or what ever different people call it. Please don't get me wrong, I loved mexico, jamaica, and the grand cayman everytime I visited there, but after visiting the virgin islands there is NOTHING TO COMPARE. the bahamas were so so, but st. thomas and st. martin were undoubtably the most beautiful water, beaches and people i've ever seen. don't feel bad about booking this cruise. you will not regret it. stay on these boards and get all the advice you can, i did and it payed off, big time. next year me and my husband have decided not to cruise, but to fly and stay for a week in st. martin, it was so beautiful. i hope you have a blast

Eastern Carib is my fav. I live in the NW so I have to fly to all and it is well worth the trip across the country. Remember, the Disney ships do this intinerary so it is kid friendly. I did love the Pride, and West Carib too, but I say go east!!!! The cabin price does seem a bit high though, but it is spring break, right?? Maybe check online cruise brokers to compare.

Archived