Roll Call - Carnival Liberty 12/03/06

geoff45434

Good afternoon!

I was just passing along a quick 'roll call' announcement. A call for rolls. heh. no!

On December 3rd, my friend Eric and I hope to head out on the Carnival Liberty for the 6-day. Our friend Brian (, in his own cabin) might be joining us as well. I had an opportunity to 'add to the list' in the general roll-call message board, however I figured, as gay travellers, to have a quick post here as well.

Eric has never been on a cruise before ; he may fall under Liberty's charm quickly:)

Okay. Take care!

* Geoff

Do they still do "high tea"? I must not pay attention the the Capers very well.

If the Liberty is anything like the Valor I was on in January she is going to be great. I hope so.

Chris

I think so! I know that it should be for at least some of the days.

Although I only occasionally have tea I hope they have green tea. They were all out at the last ship I was on (the Celebration - which, in all fairness, is something like 20 years into service, heh).

Gosh, the CC message boards have been quite helpful. All sorts of good info is listed (the 'highlights of Grand Caymen' tour, how many times lunch will be served in the dining room in the Carnival Liberty - no longer is it 'every day', photo albums etc etc).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys!

Just booked this cruise for myself. I am sailing solo and cannot wait. I have 4 other cruises coming up before this one.

9/21/06 CCL Imagination 5 day Western sailing solo

10/2/06 RCCL Majesty of the Seas 5 day Bahamas sailing solo (birthday cruise)

10/22/06 CCL Valor sailing with my best buddy 7 night Eastern

11/3/06 RCCL Explorer of the Seas repositioning cruise 9 nights

and now the Liberty. Just completed my 30th CCL cruise last week on the Fascination with my best buddy also.

I am 37 and single, love to cruise/travel. I look forward to meeting others on board.

Stay well.

Don

Hey Don.

Welcome to the Liberty. I thought I had a cruise addiction, but you have me beat. I bow to the master.

I do have the Liberty 12 day med. in 23 days. I can't wait for that. Then of course it the Liberty again in december. Four cruises this year, I decided to take next year off and let the credit card cool off.

I usually travel solo, as I am next month, my best friend will be sailing with me in december.

Should be a great cruise

Chris

Wow, you guys are good travellers! You must have lots of great souvenirs and pictures. Congratulations on being a Platinum member too D.

I try to have about one cruise a year myself. I usually like to go when the weather is cold where I'm at, so it will be a treat to be someplace warmer.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone looked at shore excursions for Freeport yet. It seems there isn't mush to do there.

I've been to Grand Cayman and Costa Maya twice each, so they will be beach days. Freeport just doesn't seem to have much going for it. I have done Sting Ray City twice at Grand Cayman so am looking foward to 7-mile beach.

Chris

Hi!

I think in Freeport I will just stay on the ship and catch some rays. Freeport is of no interest to me in the slightest.

In Grand Cayman I will be beaching it catching some rays, in Costa Maya, I plan on finding a hammock by the water and drinking beers all day while catching more rays. I find Costa Maya fun. Can you sense the trend of this vacation?

2 weeks I will be on my cruise to Mexico and am so looking forward to it. I love sailing solo!

Stay well and Chris, have a fantastic cruise on the Liberty that is coming up for you!

Don

Hey Don.

Enjoy your upcoming trip also. I leave for Rome in 8 days!!

In december, I'm agree with you, it is going to be a lounging at the beach vacation.

Even though I am not that thrilled about Freeport, I've never been, so I will have to at least get off the ship and look around.

Chris

Hey Don.

Enjoy your upcoming trip also. I leave for Rome in 8 days!!

In december, I'm agree with you, it is going to be a lounging at the beach vacation.

Even though I am not that thrilled about Freeport, I've never been, so I will have to at least get off the ship and look around.

Chris

• 1 month later...

Good evening all ~

Just passing along some document news. They arrived today! While cabins have been known to change from time to time, I got my cabin as well :

#7402, an Inside on the Empress deck.

This particular cabin is located near the 'back' of the ship, on in essence deck 7 out of 14. Pretty high up! It's upgrade magic as I had just booked a 'guaranteed inside'. I love the randomness of it ; it's like a lottery.

Cabin #7402 is actually right near the steps, but they are the lesser-used ones and far away from the boarding and unloading part of the ship, so I do not anticipate any consistent noise or anything. Given the size of the Liberty, most people will likely be elevatoring everywhere, heh.

Take care!

* Geoff

Archived