Montego Bay Whitewater Rafting

janstoney

There have been several question on the board about the whitewater rafting excursion. I decided to spend the big bucks and went with Carolyn Barrett last week. Big mistake! Do not take this excursion! First of all, the place did not have our reservation (not sure if that's Carolyn's fault or not), and we sat around for 3 hours waiting for a raft. Of course they kept saying it would be there in half an hour - I guess that's Jamaican time! We finally got out on the river. There are plenty of rapids, however the water is too low and the raft got stuck on every one! The guide kept shouting at us to get down in the boat, or switch to the other side. He would get out of the raft and push and pull until it became dislodged. It was so bad it became humorous! By the time we got finished, it was too late to go to Margaritaville, which was part of the excursion. icon9.gif

• 1 month later...

I just got back from MO Bay in Jamaica, we booked the Canyon White Water Rafting through Carnival website. That was the best money we spent on the whole trip. I'm 23 and was looking for a thrilling expercience, and this had just that. When you are not in the class 3 and 4 rapids you get just enough time to look around and enjoy the scenery. We had people in their 40's and 50's on this excursion, and I did not not hear one bad thing about it from any of them. I'm sorry to hear that this was not the case on your trip, maybe different river? If you are thinking about booking the one offered by carnival, DO NOT WAIT!!

Archived