soft drinks on carnival

martymonty

Hi

I am travelling with my daughters on the Carnival Celebration in December and I am trying to find out if soft drinks are available in the dining rooms or are they only available by buying the soft drink package. Also, has anyone brought wine onboard on their carryon and had no problems. Would we be able to bring pop with us as well.

Thanks

Stephanie :)

My children have always had the soda card. But our waiter the first night asked to see their card when they requested a soda.

I've not brought my own wine on board but have brought soda. Before the cruise, I packed a small box with the sodas, slapped a luggage tag on the box and checked it with the rest of the bags. The box has always been delivered to the cabin without issue.

Stephanie,

Soft drinks are available in the dining room through the bar service (a server will come around to the tables). You can either buy them (sign for them on your sign and save card) or use the drink cards (if you get them for the kids). Soft drinks are not free (not that you were looking for that). Bottom line is: you do not have to buy the soft drink package, but you will have to sign for each order (with the 15% gratuity). I think it's about $1.50 per soda. We usually get our DD's the soda card just for convenience sake.

You other question... usually you will be allowed a bottle of wine carried on (but not much more than that). You are also welcome to bring "a small amount" (per the website) of soda aboard. Most posters to CC agree that Carnival allows about a 12 pack per person (though I'm sure some carry more). The room steward will keep your ice bucket full if you have drinks in the cabin if you don't have a refrigerator.

Have a great cruise!

bill

SO & I just returned from Carnival Conquest (7 days). We brought a 12 pack of soda in our checked luggage and brought three bottles of wine in our carry-ons. We had no problems.

We did not buy soda, so I did not pay that much attention, but if I recall correctly, sodas were $1.75 each.

Enjoy your cruise!

Stephanie I am also on the celebration in Dec... I usually buy the soda card for myself on all cruises, I think they pro-rate it (price ) to amount of days you have booked. I use the fountain card because it's less stuff to carry to the ship.:cool:

No problem taking the wine on in your carry-on. I take two bottles each cruise, and buy a bottle in the dining room, as well.

I think what is assumed 'reasonable' is a 6-pk. of Cokes per passenger. You can always buy more in ports and bring onto the ship with no problem.

Hi

I am travelling with my daughters on the Carnival Celebration in December and I am trying to find out if soft drinks are available in the dining rooms or are they only available by buying the soft drink package. Also, has anyone brought wine onboard on their carryon and had no problems. Would we be able to bring pop with us as well.

Thanks

Stephanie :)

The bar service came around in the dining room, but it would take awhile to get the drinks so if there was something I really wanted, I got it at the bar before dinner and just took it in. Most nights I was just happy with iced tea and water, which our waiters could get for us.

Archived