Freedom cell phone rates?

Does anyone know what the charge is (if any) to use your cell phone on the Freedom of the Seas. I heard you could use them now. Is the reception any good. Also has anyone used the wireless internet and have you used it with a mac. Any info would be great.

Thanks.

The rates for cell phone use are determined by your carrier, not by RCCL. You basically pay roaming charges. On my recent Western Caribbean cruise, I found that the cell phone was definitely the way to go vs. RCCL's 7.95 per minute stateroom phone.

Does anyone know what the charge is (if any) to use your cell phone on the Freedom of the Seas. I heard you could use them now. Is the reception any good. Also has anyone used the wireless internet and have you used it with a mac. Any info would be great.

Thanks.

Verizon did not work on our FOS 7/16 cruise. I had it set up for the international calling, also.

I used the wireless internet with my PowerBook G4 and it worked just fine. I'd had problems with my laptop when trying to use wireless internet with my mac on the Mariner, but as stated the Freedom's works just fine. (And it wasn't as slow as I had dreaded it would be either!!)

My roaming charges were $2.06 per minute on the Explorer earlier this month. Rather stupidly I used it to track down family members on the boat so when their voice mail kicked in, that was $4 .12 down the drain, as they charge the incoming phone also.

Archived