Parasailing

loveturtles

We will be going to Half Moon, Grand Turk, St.Thomas, & San Juan. Has anyone gone parasailing at any of these ports? What is the cost? We also will be in Fort Lauderdale for several days and I know they also offer it there, which is better, cheaper?

I really loved parasailing when the ships had it as an excursion, but, sadly, the cruise lines don't reccomend it any more. I beleive they went away with scooter rentals, too. What I really miss is trap shooting off the back of the ship! I guess they're all worrying about liabilities these days. If you can find it when you get to a port, good luck!:cool:

They have it in Half Moon Cay. Not sure what the price is, by the time we got off the ship, settled in, and had eaten, a storm came up, and we wound up going back to the ship.:( I wanted to parasail there. In my opinion, out of all the ports, Half Moon had the most beautiful water to me. Don't get me wrong, the water was clear and beautiful everywhere, but Half Moon was my favorite.:rolleyes: Guess I'll have to go back and hope for better weather next time:D

The only place Carnival recommends doing it is on Half Moon Cay because they run it and can make sure equipment is operating correctly. DH and I didn't do it while we were there, but we saw a lot of other people doing it...looked like fun. And the water and beach are beautiful there, so I'm guessing the view would be amazing. I'm not sure on a price, but it is one of the excursions, so you could get an idea price-wise by checking Carnival's website.

Archived