Need help... shipboard credit for niece & nephew

suebear37

Hi All, hope someone can help me with this question...

My 10 year old niece & 17 year old nephew will be on board the Caribbean Princess over the Christmas holiday week & I was thinking about giving them some shipboard credit as part of their Christmas gift. Not being familiar with what sort of activities & facilities there are for kids on Princess, are there things they might be interested in spending money on? They're pretty typical kids as far as their interests go.

I just don't want to give them the credit & have them come home with stuff that they really didn't want just because they had to use it up.

Thanks!!!

In all honesty I dont think there is much an AVERAGE kid of that age would want.. But then again they have watches, gems, t-shirts, CANDY(Typical gas-station type selection) and crystal and such. Being on a cruise for christmas would be just perfect for me!

Hi, we hope this helps you. You can call Princess at 1-800-PRINCESS and explain to them and see what they can do for you, or you can go to the Princess Website - www.princess.com and go under "Learn About Our Cruises", then "Onboard Experience", then choose gifts and it will show you what is available from the boutiques, food, photography, etc. You can order them a DVD or VHS of their cruise which actually is personalized with the people and them from their voyage. Good Luck!

Hi All, hope someone can help me with this question...

My 10 year old niece & 17 year old nephew will be on board the Caribbean Princess over the Christmas holiday week & I was thinking about giving them some shipboard credit as part of their Christmas gift. Not being familiar with what sort of activities & facilities there are for kids on Princess, are there things they might be interested in spending money on? They're pretty typical kids as far as their interests go.

I just don't want to give them the credit & have them come home with stuff that they really didn't want just because they had to use it up.

Thanks!!!

The big ticket item for kids is shore excursions. Ask their parents if there is a particular excursion at one of the ports of call that the kids really want to do ( lists of excursions are available online at princess.com and they'll get specific info shortly before the trip) and you can offer to pay for that --some of them can be pretty pricey.

Otherwise, they may buy drinks or souveniers onboard, or play some video games, but pretty much everything else is included. They may also want to spend money on shore, which they cannot charge to their shipboard account.

Archived