RCCL or Carnival?

Cross-posted to the Carnival board too.

This board helped me alot to prepare for my first cruise this summer, a 4-night on Sovereign with a group of 120 that I really loved and had a great time! I'm looking to plan a cruise for a group of graduating high school seniors near the end of May 07. I'm looking at doing Sovereign out of Port Canaveral, the (then-refurbed) Majesty out of Miami, or going with Carnival and doing the Holiday out of Mobile (only about a 5 hour drive, as opposed to flying to Orlando or Miami). I'm sure some of you have been on two or all three of these boats, and I'm looking for some helpful insight! Thanks.

Cross-posted to the Carnival board too.

This board helped me alot to prepare for my first cruise this summer, a 4-night on Sovereign with a group of 120 that I really loved and had a great time!

If it aint broke, don't fix it ;) We love RCCL because we always have a blast, and I'm not ready to gamble with my money and time on another line, nuff said!

~Steph

I have been on both the sovereign and the holiday. I think both are very similar and you can go wrong with either. both are older smaller ships of their respective lines. I would look more at the destinations and choose that way. If you have any specific questions, I would be glad to answer!!

you're all gonna skin me alive but..............

for a large group of high school seniors who want to drink and party go CARNIVAL. We RCL cruisers might appreciate that LOL!!!

RCL cruises 26

Carnival cruises 1

RCCL does not allow groups where 50% or more of the group are under the age of of 21. Maybe this is a parents and kids thing, but just High School Seniors won't work on RCCL.

If you have questions you can email me at tdembek@optonline.net.

what are you talkin about? Last month we went with 4 guys...2 were 21, 2 were 20...

and im booked for next year where 2 of us will be 21 and 2 of us will be 20 again...

Archived