Dr.Pepper Hunt-Southern Caribbean Route

pholter

Hi there...... I'll be on the Destiny in October visiting Aruba, Barbados, and Dominica. Has anyone had any luck finding Dr.Pepper products in these port cities? I'm assuming I'll be able to get it at embarkation in San Juan, but not enough to keep me happy for a week. I know it's difficult to find anything but CocaCola in Jamaica, so I thought I might be out of luck on these 3 islands as well. I sure hope not!!

I've emailed Dr.Pepper, but they are on Holiday, so I may not hear back from them anytime soon.

Thanks everyone :p

I don't remember seeing it anywhere in the southern route. Truthfully I don't remember seeing it in San Juan either. It is a fairly regional drink. I'd think hard about bringing my own.

BTW,have you ever tried the DP made in Dublin, TX ? It is the only DP still made the original way, with cane sugar instead of corn syrup.

Oh noooooooo! Say it isn't so!!! I guess it's best to be prepared rather than finding out once I'm there that I may be SOL :( I haven't tried real DP, unless that's what was around when I was a kid- used to taste alot like prunes when I was growing up for some reason- hmmmmmm.

I'll let y'all know if and when DP actually emails me back, too. Thanks!

Well, some of us may be in luck for Dr. Pepper :) Coca Cola actually distributes Dr. Pepper in Puerto Rico and possibly Barbados!!! I'm waiting for a call back right now as to where I can purchase it while visiting the islands... I'll keep everyone posted...

• 3 weeks later...

For those that love Dr. Pepper- there is hope in San Juan!!! I have just spoken with a really nice lady at the Coca Cola plant. They get a Dr. Pepper shipment once a month from the US. You can buy it at Pier 10 Cruise Terminal, the Military Base, Pueblo Intertnational Supermarkets, and both hotels I'm staying at :) She actually told me that she would have some at the hotel for us when we arrived should the shipments be all gone due to timing, etc. What a great lady!!!

The best thing to happen to Dr. Pepper was when Cadbury purchased them. Now, you can get Dr. Pepper in England. My wife’s best friend lived in Paris (France, that is. Not Paris, TX) in the mid 90’s. She is also a Dr. Pepper junky. She was able to tell me where to find Dr. Pepper in Paris. When we went to London in 2003, Dr. Pepper was everywhere.

Dan (Drinking a Dr. Pepper right now at 9:30 AM)

while in San Juan in March I went to the grocery store and bought a case of Dr. Pepper and went right back on the ship.

I was not so sure it would be enough for 7 days but it was.

Judi Hensley

Archived