Empress drawer space/hangers

Hi everyone

Could anyone tell me how much draw space/ hangers their are in an outside cabin? I would like to hang my shirts and some other things if I can. If their are only a few hangers should I bring some plastic hangers from home?? Let me know what I should do. Thanks.

I would also like to know about the space, but also about whether there is a safe in all cabins. I recall someone saying (long time ago) that there may not be a safe....and I would like to know what we do with all the stuff we usually put in them if there isn't a safe.

We were on the Empress in March. We had a safe in our outside cabin 8004 and we were told that there were now safes in all cabins.

The closet had plenty of room to hang my dresses and husbands suit and shirts. Since it was an 11 night cruise he had a lot of shirts:eek: We did bring some hangers and the steward also brought us some more. There is a three drawer unit that the tv sits on. These drawere were perfect for t-shirts, undergarments etc. There also is a desk that had3 drawers (I think). This was our first cruise and our steward was a little surprised at the number of pieces of luggage we had. But once unpacked and put in the drawers, in the closet, and on the self unit we stacked the luggage inside each other and stood them at the end of the bed.

We did however have the bed split into two twin beds. I know not too cozy but made the small cabin very cumfy.

By the way, we will be back on the Empress again next March, cabin 8000. We like being right up front, under the bridge and looking out the window into the ocean or watching us come into port.

Enjoy!

We were a family of four in a standard oceanview and had plenty of storage. Did bring extra hangers with us! Also used the over-the-door shoe bag, as mentioned many times on these boards. That help with the clutter and small items. You should be able to tuck your luggage under the beds. We left the two bottom beds apart this time and is was much easier to get around.

Definately get the over the door shoe hanger at the dollar store. Made everthing so easy to get to and kept all that small stuff organized. Our luggage was too big to fit under the bed but for the two of us it wan't in the way at the foot of the bed by the desk. And the split bed set up worked wonderful. My DH uses a c-pap machine at night so having the nightstand inbetween the two made it easier to work with and also seemed like it opened the small space up. We were very happy with the cabin. Our first cruise but from these boards we knew what to expect so no surprises.

Archived