St John in 1/2 day??

Calif Cruisers

All your comments are great, Trunk Bay sounds like a beautiful place not to be missed! Can you please tell me if it is worthwhile going there if our Princess ship, the Crown, departs St. Thomas at 3 pm? :( We are only there from 7 am - 2:30 pm so I am wondering if there is enough time to do the excurision on our own instead of through Princess which indicates there is "over an hour to snorkel". I wouldn't want to miss the ferry to get us back on time!

Your thoughts are very much appreciated!!

Our last trip to truck bay, we got off the ship as soon as it ported at 7am, went by taxi to the ferry and we were at Trunk Bay before 8am. If you catch the 12:30pm ferry back, you will still have about an hour of shopping at the pier before you have to board the ship. That will give you about 4 hours of snorkeling. Also by arriving at trunk that earily, you will probably be one of the first people at the beach and it is beautiful in the morning.

Thank you, California Dreams, for your info. I wish we were staying longer at that port! It sounds wonderful!!

We'll be on the Crown in October. I also have been trying to figure a trip in the short time frame. Can't do a daysail which we really enjoyed last year on the sun. Most likely we'll do the taxi, ferry St John thing but I simply wish they would've stayed and extra hour or two.

Of all the ports on this trip, we are most looking forward to St Thomas/St John and were wishing for more time here. We are probably doing the same (taxi, ferry, snorkel) even if it is just for a few hours. Got hit with too many crowds in Playa del Carmen last trip so are prefering less crowded excursions on this one. Should be a great cruise - Have fun!!

Archived