Is there AC in the cabins on the Dawn?

pampaul

Okay, never been on a cruise so I have had a bunch of questions lately. One thing I'm wondering is, if there is air conditioning in the cabins? And if so, are they somewhat loud like being in a hotel? I'm curious, because I am the type of person who needs some type of noise to fall asleep (whether it be the fan, ac or radio) Plus I can't stand the sound of my husband's breathing so I'd like to know if I need to bring a small fan or soemthing.

The A/C is quiet but cool. I suggest you go on the cruise and just throw the DH over board. With the way the cruise industry runs today nobody will ever miss him and you will sleep soundly.

I just laughed so hard when I read that!! very funny!!! Ear plugs work well too-the florescent squishy kind that come in yellow or bright pink=-:)

Okay, never been on a cruise so I have had a bunch of questions lately. One thing I'm wondering is, if there is air conditioning in the cabins? And if so, are they somewhat loud like being in a hotel? I'm curious, because I am the type of person who needs some type of noise to fall asleep (whether it be the fan, ac or radio) Plus I can't stand the sound of my husband's breathing so I'd like to know if I need to bring a small fan or soemthing.

:D I have to chuckle since I thought I was the only one who needed a constant sound to fall asleep...yes there is AC but it is not loud....so I had to use ear plugs....at home I use fans etc and up on high so they drowned out street noise and DH snores :eek: :D you could always put a pillow over DH head after he falls asleep lol....:D

The A/C is quiet but cool. I suggest you go on the cruise and just throw the DH over board. With the way the cruise industry runs today nobody will ever miss him and you will sleep soundly.

I laughed when I read this. My husband snores also, so I put headphones on and listen to music. Usually does the trick.

Here's the control for AC & Heat on the Dawn

tstat.jpg

As you can see the passenger likes it cool in his cabin.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

We bought a white noise maker that is combined with an alarm clock radio that is put out by Homedic. Has like 6 different sounds and a volumn control. Also has been great in hotels with noisy hallways. I think we got ours at Meijers.

Does the air make the room really cold. I need to know so I can decide what pjs to bring for dd. Shorts or long? Dh and I like the room really cold.

Yuppers, the room gets VERY cold <G> when you have the AC on full...I like a cold room and I had to get up one night and put it down a notch...But the comforter and duvet are nice n warm and soft :-)

As you can see the passenger likes it cool in his cabin.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Yes I do like it cold! Our electric bill is going to be over $1000 this month because of the heat. It's worth it to be in a 68 degree room when it was 102 outside (felt like 115!) :eek:

Archived