Constellation CC Aft Cabins-deck 9 Question

TT

OK, I have a CC cabin on deck 9 and wonder about the noise factor from the Seaside Grill. Anyone ever stay in these cabins and have any noise problems? Any other kind of problems like when they wash the deck? I have cabin 9201 on hold and would love any info. Thanking all in advance for your help.

TT

We were lucky enough to have 9162 aft on Millie (sister of Constellation) in the Med. last May. DH was not keen on the idea (we booked it while on Alaska Repo cruise year before) and we argued all year about whether or not we should keep that cabin.

When boarded in Barcelona, he hated the long walk to the back of the ship. However, once he opened the cabin door and saw the huge, large, biiiiig veranda, well, he was just fine and dandy with it.

We heard that the cabins on Deck 9 were noisy due to the pool and buffet on the deck above. We've cruise 6 times in CC cat. cabins on Deck 9 and in the past tried to grab cabins on the map that were between the pool area and the buffet and never noticed any noise what so ever.

Re the aft cabin on Deck 9: the only thing I noticed was the guitarist played about every evening on the deck above our cabin - but we really enjoyed relaxing on the loungers with wine in hand and listening to the music from above. I think he stopped playing around 11:00 or so....it didn't bother us at all. What you do want to watch out for is where you leave your lounge chairs and other items you don't want to get wet....each morning they hose off Deck 10 and our lounge chairs - if we had left them near the railing the day before to catch a few rays - would get drenched. I would hear some movement of chairs - but I don't think it was that early in the morning.

Must not have bothered us to much: we've booked the same 9162 for next May's Alaska Repo on Infinity.

To my way of thinking: Any aft cabin on the M class ship is better than a side cabin with a small veranda (IMHO).:)

Thank You so very much for the information. I will keep cabin 9201 since that is what I thought. We where on a aft cabin below the pool area and we just pulled in our seats closer to the door area. I am on the Connie this fall and will run up and check out the aft cabins since I am in a 2B with a side balcony(but a bump out one). I was going to speak to the people in the cabin before the end of the trip but now I don't have to. Thank You again for the great info.

Toma

I've had 9201 on the Millie and there was only an occasional "scrape" from a chair on deck 10. We were on a TA and, since the weather was not brilliant, the outside chairs on 10 were not used very often. It might be more of a problem on a Caribbean cruise.

The aft cabins are excellent and we have 9201 on our next Millie TA in March.

Archived